Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri VG-1 San Mai

Hello, I just purchased one of these Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri in VG-1 San Mai brand new in the box. The sheath is still sealed in its plastic bag. I am actually upset as I cannot see how I will be able to bring myself to sheath this blade and maybe even use it. I am now researching all the different options Cold Steel offered this knife in. Please feel free to contribute your feelings and information on what I purchased. I see one offered for sale on eBay currently for over $700.

I cannot see how I will be able to bring myself to sheath this blade and maybe even use it.
If you are not comfortable with making this a user/ beater , then there's really only a few options . IMO .

Keep it as a safe queen / collectable / investment ...or sell it and buy something you can actually use .

It's not the kind of knife that you can use and keep in near mint condition . 🤷‍♂️

If you are not comfortable with making this a user/ beater , then there's really only a few options . IMO .

Keep it as a safe queen / collectable / investment ...or sell it and buy something you can actually use .

It's not the kind of knife that you can use and keep in near mint condition . 🤷‍♂️
I agree. I’d say move it along or use it, it’s probably quite capable of tasks a kukri should do.

I like most people here have many knives that I do all of those things with. My purpose of posting the thread was to ask knowledgeable people as to what I had purchased. I am interested to learn more about this Kukri. I have seen the advertising and also warnings as to the durablity ect. I also am aware of the different steel that was used with this Kukri. How collectable it is ect. Does anyone have specific experience with this knife?
Thanks

Back