Cold Steel Kobun, anywun got wun?

I have the itch to buy an easy low price knife for once, and I love tantos and I don't own a Cold Steel blade yet. Does anyone here own a Kobun? I'd like to hear about it

It's very light, very slim...if you feel the urge to carry a fixed blade knife for self defense, the Kobun is fairly concealable.

Hi. Yes I have one and it is very light and very slim. It is a great knife but it does not seem to want to stay in my boot. The clip does not seem to hold it very well and the sheath will come with the knife when I pull it from my boot. Other than that it is a great little knife. I feel with a better way to attach it to a belt it would be just great. Now I am not putting the knife down and maybe it is just me being unable to keep it attached to my boot the right way. All in all a nice knife.
Regards
Tar :thumbup:

I had one a few years ago.

I found the handle to be too small for me to hold comfortably though. The guard was too small too.

I didn't get around to carrying it either.

I got one for kicks. It's a fun little knife, like a mini samurai sword.

I don't use it that often, probably because I'm not a huge fan of the tanto blade shape.

But it's fun for random stuff, so I keep it around.

Got one. Seems well made. Came sharp. Its my car knife. Seems like it would do some damage. I wouldn't be batoning or pretty much anything other than a possible self defense knife though.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk

It's one of the best values around in fixed blades IMO. Had one, loved it, gave it to a friend before I moved to Denver, came back a year later and he still has it and loves it. I found it took and kept a keen edge very well and that the sheath was very nice. I think it's billed as a "boot knife", though, which would take some pretty sizeable boots to keep it out of sight.

I used to own a Kobun before I gave it to a good friend of mine (it never saw any use). It's an excellent, well made and well designed knife that comes with a wicked factory edge.

Got one. Seems well made. Came sharp. Its my car knife. Seems like it would do some damage. I wouldn't be batoning or pretty much anything other than a possible self defense knife though.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk

Car knife for me too... Part of my trunk kit.

[video=youtube;IB6OAF9voA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB6OAF9voA8[/video]

I just bought one - I figured I can't go wrong for $35... but it turns out I really like it! Super light and fast in-hand.

I carry it on my weak side (left side, b/c my pistol is strong side). It clips nicely in between my belt and my pants, and that allows for either a left-handed reverse front draw, or a right-handed cross-draw. Here's a couple pics for ya':

Had for years. It is a good knife for is as a weapon and not much else, as the handle is thin, as others have said.
An excellent shank though, as that is, IMO, what is is for. It is for the oh-SHIT ! Moments that could happen in life.

Back