Cold Steel Leatherneck blade weeping oil

So I have a Cold Steel Leatherneck - one of the original FFG versions - in pristine unused condition. There is the smallest discoloration on the blade finish on one side up towards the spine of the blade. Every time I take the knife out of the sheath, there is very thin oil residue in that same specific area on the blade. Wipe the blade off, and a week or month later there's an oily spot on that part of the blade again. It doesn't rust at all so don't think it's anything else besides oil. Very weird. I've NEVER seen that on any other knife blade. It's like that one spot is weeping oil out of the steel. Do any of you have any ideas what it could be from or why it's happening?

So I have a Cold Steel Leatherneck - one of the original FFG bowie versions - in pristine unused condition. There is the smallest discoloration on the blade finish on one side up towards the spine of the blade. Every time I take the knife out of the sheath, there is very thin oil residue in that same specific area on the blade. Wipe the blade off, and a week or month later there's an oily spot on that part of the blade again. It doesn't rust at all so don't think it's anything else besides oil. Leave the knife in the sheath long enough and the oily spot has spread across a decent sized chunk of the blade. Very weird. I've NEVER seen that on any other knife blade. It's like that one spot is weeping oil out of the steel. Do any of you have any ideas what it could be from or why it's happening?

Residue from the sheath and or the inside of handle .

Or you're haunted by the knife maintenance goblins !

LOL well it's nowhere near the handle, but I will try storing it out of the sheath for a few days and see if it still does it or not.

so plastic products leach
oily based slime perhaps
the environment it is placed in
is not condusive to its stability.
it could be affected by the temperature.
and if enclosed (like in a drawer or box)
some nearby objects may have caused
chemical reactions resulting in a
breakdown in its composiition.
its clearly going to be a process
of elimination by trial and error
to uncover the root cause of
destabilization... best of luck! :)

While my Cold Steel gently weeps...

But yes as others stated I bet it is the sheath.

I have same thing happening with my Drop Forged Hunter... it is residue of oil inside the sheath.

Back