Cold Steel Master Tanto

I hope it is okey to ask this question here... If not I take it away immediately...
I am living in Sweden and to find a Cold Steel Master Tanto, mfg Japan here seems to be impossible...
I can of course put up up a WTB ad here and I can be looking at ebay... Do you guys have any more suggestions where I can look... I am looking for one with stainless fittings...

Best,
Hombre
Sweden

EBay? I like and own the Japanese version, but the Taiwan in the ones I have seen are pretty close if not the same quality.

Last edited:
I have heard good things about some of the CS blades made in Taiwan... What I do not like is the sheath... I prefer the leather sheath... Yes, I could order the Taiwan blade and let someone with the skills make the sheath but I will look for one made in Japan... If I do not find one well, then I guess it is meant that I shall not have one...

I have a Tai Pan San Mai made in Japan and that is a wonderful blade... I am also looking for one in AUS8... Do you think it shall differ a lot in price when it comes to the steel... I mean if you compare San Mai and AUS8... Well, I haven´t seen one for sale so I guess, it is not an easy task to find... but we will see...

I have heard good things about some of the CS blades made in Taiwan... What I do not like is the sheath... I prefer the leather sheath... Yes, I could order the Taiwan blade and let someone with the skills make the sheath but I will look for one made in Japan... If I do not find one well, then I guess it is meant that I shall not have one...

I have a Tai Pan San Mai made in Japan and that is a wonderful blade... I am also looking for one in AUS8... Do you think it shall differ a lot in price when it comes to the steel... I mean if you compare San Mai and AUS8... Well, I haven´t seen one for sale so I guess, it is not an easy task to find... but we will see...

There is one on eBay right now, and the seller ships internationally.

The old Japanese San Mai III will typically sell higher than AUS8. The current Taiwan San Mai is still pretty new, so hard to tell, but some people may find old Japanese knives more desirable than new Taiwan knives, so they may pay a premium for AUS8.

Good luck!

Sorry I've been away for a while...

Maestral Centar in Zagreb has been selling those here as far as I remember. But they never had most transparent stock listings. I can shoot them an email and ask them if they still have those, but IDK if they can ship internationally and for what cost.

Back