Cold Steel panic buy thread

Well I just got an SR1 Clip point, pretty beefy and some room to the grip as well. I like it and it has it's place but Dam those handles are rough as a cob compared to the AD10. They are like night and day but both are smooth, centered, and operate nicely, but I will give the smoothness factor to the AD10.

I've worked the action on the AD10 more also though, but there's just something about that knife that's almost has a custom feel to it. I believe the SR1 would make a great outdoors type knife for sure, tough and robust. Well one of these days I've got to do the pic thing of these nice CS knives.

I knew I should have gotten a SR1Tanto but figured the clip point which I do like anyway would be a more of an all around type knife. I know it sounds like another excuse to get another knife but that's not it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

Well I just got an SR1 Clip point, pretty beefy and some room to the grip as well. I like it and it has it's place but Dam those handles are rough as a cob compared to the AD10. They are like night and day but both are smooth, centered, and operate nicely, but I will give the smoothness factor to the AD10.

I've worked the action on the AD10 more also though, but there's just something about that knife that's almost has a custom feel to it. I believe the SR1 would make a great outdoors type knife for sure, tough and robust. Well one of these days I've got to do the pic thing of these nice CS knives.

I knew I should have gotten a SR1Tanto but figured the clip point which I do like anyway would be a more of an all around type knife. I know it sounds like another excuse to get another knife but that's not it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D
do it its a great knife. i prefer it over the clip point. own both, both great values....prefer tanto lately.....20210219_102611.jpg

do it its a great knife. i prefer it over the clip point. own both, both great values....prefer tanto lately.....View attachment 1512735

Ya that's one that I wish that I saw when available around here. I'm of two minds. Part of me is actually satisfied that I have my primary C.S. desires satiated. All I really bought during the panic where a few peripherals like bats etc., and a large Espada. I am kinda sorta looking at an Immortal. It makes it kind of tough to justify for me when I think, oh ya, my ninth or tenth large folder. I tend to make fires and get lost exploring in the woods, as opposed to collecting this stuff. And I have always been turned off by the screaming big shiny clips on some models. I'm shifting my pennies toward metal detecting toys in prep for a new season. Who knows, there is no rhyme or reason when you are into this stuff. I'm actually trying to be rational and stay away from CS buys until the dust settles. I have a few email in stock alerts that may come up for some models, I might bite then. Overall I am grateful that I caught all this, just before most of what I am interested in dried up at my preferred vendor. But never say never, this pack rat likes shiny new toys. :D

That's so weird Me and my significant other have been looking at metal detectors getting ready to get out and about. I also have way to many probably but there are just so dang many flavors. I carried a spyderco police for 30 years and some fixed blades. The problem with cold steel is I got a large Espada Aluminum folder first and I was quite impressed and it's been down hill ever since. I'm only looking at one or two more so....

Ya I hear ya. Best tip if trying detecting is this. A new machine came out called the Nokta Makro Simplex. It is unusual as it provides very strong performance at beginner machine prices. And it's water proof so you can fully submerge it for coins and rings etc. I might get a kick in the reproductive organs for posting this here. Have fun.

Ya that's one that I wish that I saw when available around here. I'm of two minds. Part of me is actually satisfied that I have my primary C.S. desires satiated. All I really bought during the panic where a few peripherals like bats etc., and a large Espada. I am kinda sorta looking at an Immortal. It makes it kind of tough to justify for me when I think, oh ya, my ninth or tenth large folder. I tend to make fires and get lost exploring in the woods, as opposed to collecting this stuff. And I have always been turned off by the screaming big shiny clips on some models. I'm shifting my pennies toward metal detecting toys in prep for a new season. Who knows, there is no rhyme or reason when you are into this stuff. I'm actually trying to be rational and stay away from CS buys until the dust settles. I have a few email in stock alerts that may come up for some models, I might bite then. Overall I am grateful that I caught all this, just before most of what I am interested in dried up at my preferred vendor. But never say never, this pack rat likes shiny new toys. :D
The Immortal is a good knife! I wasn't sure if I'd like it until I got it in my hands.

Yes,it was definitely a little dull and would not pop hair off my leg.When compared to my CTS-XHP Recon 1 which was nice and sharp.

I'm always surprised to hear that comment. I just received a Kobun, a Recon Tanto and a Canadian Belt Knife and they all came out of the package as sharp as any knife I've purchased. So far, Cold Steel is 14-0 for super-sharp-out-of-the-box for me. :thumbsup:

Recently got a San mai Talwar and San mai Black Sable that's arriving Friday, hefty price but I don't think they'll ever be made again given the way things are going and I've always wanted one and I had the opportunity to get both so what the heck. also bought an espada XL aus 10a and a CTS XHP serrated Tiger Claw for a decent price.
Does anyone know if the Recon XL's are being discontinued?? I can't find any at any dealers.

Recently got a San mai Talwar and San mai Black Sable that's arriving Friday, hefty price but I don't think they'll ever be made again given the way things are going and I've always wanted one and I had the opportunity to get both so what the heck. also bought an espada XL aus 10a and a CTS XHP serrated Tiger Claw for a decent price.
Does anyone know if the Recon XL's are being discontinued?? I can't find any at any dealers.
Recon XL's have been discontinued for quite a while now. Three years or so ?

Greetings! Apologies for the digression but I figured better to ask here than start a new thread. For owners of the Bushman, is the handle perfectly circular? I’m asking because I prefer oblong or elliptical shaped handles so one can feel where the edge points. Thanks everyone.

Greetings! Apologies for the digression but I figured better to ask here than start a new thread. For owners of the Bushman, is the handle perfectly circular? I’m asking because I prefer oblong or elliptical shaped handles so one can feel where the edge points. Thanks everyone.
This is a cut section of wooden cane shaved a bit and stuck in . More circular than not .

You'd have to shape a extension handle to your liking or mod the metal tube part for an index , IMO .

Dang, logged off for two hours went back to the FS folder section a guy had 4max Scout, espada, and a few others and Bam! Gone already and he had some good prices also. Oh! I'll live I reckon as I have another SR1 coming this time a tanto version. I just had to have one you know, I like those thick blades for some reason. :D

CTS XHP serrated Tiger Claw for a decent price.
Please be careful:
The tiger claw was listed as "brand new" but didn't have a box when it arrived. They then posted two more for sale "Brand new". Didn't feel comfortable so requested a return. Be careful, I don't know much about counterfeit cold steels but missing boxes is a big red flag.

On a better note, got a Box signed Thompson Voyager 0505 but now I just want a user/beater Vaquero... Buy a grail then need a user, The cycle continues.

Please be careful:
The tiger claw was listed as "brand new" but didn't have a box when it arrived. They then posted two more for sale "Brand new". Didn't feel comfortable so requested a return. Be careful, I don't know much about counterfeit cold steels but missing boxes is a big red flag.

On a better note, got a Box signed Thompson Voyager 0505 but now I just want a user/beater Vaquero... Buy a grail then need a user, The cycle continues.
I’m a knife guy who’s obsessed with knife safety, but the Black Talon and Tiger Claw make me nervous lmao.

Back