Cold Steel panic buy thread

In the last month I have added an SR1 LITE, an SR1, an AK47 folder, and a Bark River Donnybrook. All three Cold Steels had flawless actions. The Ak47 arrived sharp enough that I didn't even bother improving it, an extremely unusual thing for me from any company.

I am stuck in Missouri for the next month and they limit folder size to 3.5 inches,. Unfortunately I have very few knives that small with me, so I am thinking about adding an American Lawman to the stable.

In the last month I have added an SR1 LITE, an SR1, an AK47 folder, and a Bark River Donnybrook. All three Cold Steels had flawless actions. The Ak47 arrived sharp enough that I didn't even bother improving it, an extremely unusual thing for me from any company.

I am stuck in Missouri for the next month and they limit folder size to 3.5 inches,. Unfortunately I have very few knives that small with me, so I am thinking about adding an American Lawman to the stable.
Or maybe switch to a fixed blade, much more lenient.

CS62RMAjpg__98981.1616772337.jpg

Seeing these now for under $320 dollars, might have to jump-on one soon. ;)

I'm glad I got what I got when I got it.
Counterpoint XL, Voyager XL Vaquero serrated, Tokyo Spike tanto, Espada large G10, heavy duty cane sword razor sharp, black bear Bowie machete, talwar XL. Rajah 2, that about wraps up my cold steel knives. I don't think they're going to be making what were used to getting. So I'm glad I got them when I did

man ive been in and out of the knife game for a long time and i literally just heard that lynn sold cold steel. first thought was, end of an era. second thought, scalpers. and here i am. i already seen the medieval stuff not on the site anymore, what else is in danger? do you guys think those crazy machetes are on the chopping block as well?

man ive been in and out of the knife game for a long time and i literally just heard that lynn sold cold steel. first thought was, end of an era. second thought, scalpers. and here i am. i already seen the medieval stuff not on the site anymore, what else is in danger? do you guys think those crazy machetes are on the chopping block as well?
I imagine it pretty much depends on if they can hit their target return on it, of course taking for granted the manufacturer is still relevant to their needs.

I’ve bought 2 AD-10s, 1 code 4 in CRS-XHP, and 2 recon 1 limited edition(only 400 made in a configuration for Blades Canada) and I bought the Tanto and Clip Point satin S35VN and other small changes vs the regular Recon 1!!!!!!! These are upgraded versions of the Recon 1 and I’m a huge fan!!! I must say that the AD-10 has surprised me the most, WOW, what a beast but super comfortable and as sharp as any Spyderco I own, this blew my mind. Zero effort, no pressure hair popping sharp. Game changer for me.

No reason to panic anymore !
All
or nearly all CS available around are made under GSM rule

Probably. Not in the sense of getting rid of them (or at least getting rid of all of them) but in pricing them outside of the price range where they are good deals and into the range where they are not much value for the money.

I've noticed the small machetes have doubled in price.

The Gladius and Barong machetes seem to still be a good deal for now.

They are making new "crazy machetes" since they are now ripping off Gerber's designs.

I think the more immediate cause for panic is the possibility of PRC invading Taiwan. I used that excuse plus finding a lower price on the AD10 to buy another of them. I am really trying to keep down to a dozen. . .or so. . .Cold Steels,

I think the more immediate cause for panic is the possibility of PRC invading Taiwan. I used that excuse plus finding a lower price on the AD10 to buy another of them. I am really trying to keep down to a dozen. . .or so. . .Cold Steels,
That's thinking outside the box!

The Lawman may turn out to be your favorite edc…

Back