Cold Steel Sure Strike Heavy Throwing Stars

I could feel ridiculous about it, but the truth of it is I am having too much fun.

I found when.I was younger I seemed to like the six or eight bladed stars. I was an eighties teenager when ninja stars, butterfly knives and other weapons had a big surge in popularity. Movies and tv shows and everyone was taking karate. I had some pretty awesome stars. I was thinking about picking up a few to have fun with and relive my youth,lol
I picked up.some balisongs to play with and have a pair of custom nunchukas coming from usa nunchuks. I was never any good with them but it's cool to have. Glad to see your enjoying star throwing, thanks for sharing

I found when.I was younger I seemed to like the six or eight bladed stars. I was an eighties teenager when ninja stars, butterfly knives and other weapons had a big surge in popularity. Movies and tv shows and everyone was taking karate. I had some pretty awesome stars. I was thinking about picking up a few to have fun with and relive my youth,lol
I picked up.some balisongs to play with and have a pair of custom nunchukas coming from usa nunchuks. I was never any good with them but it's cool to have. Glad to see your enjoying star throwing, thanks for sharing

Same here; I had all kinds of ninja type weapons as a kid. Not sure why I decided to start all that up again in my forties (well...one reason is that it's a healthy and cathartic outlet for frustration and anxiety, which was something I wasn't much afflicted with until the last year or so) but it is super enjoyable. For some reason I haven't gotten tired of messing around in the yard with these things.

:) I love "throwing stars " because I can actually stick the things consistently , unlike throwing knives . (Except from point blank range .) :oops:

Cold Steel's huge "Battle Stars " are also great fun and really pack a wallop , because of their mass . :cool::thumbsup:

I always sharpen up all my shuriken , they mostly come pretty dull .

I'm finding that the 50$ investment for the cheapest grinder at Harbor Freight was a great investment.
I got some of those type also and also had to sharpen them . Maybe a liability issue ?

It's more fun to have 3 or more , so more throwing and less walking . :rolleyes::p

I got the three pack, but I've only sharpened one of them so far

I'm going to check out some shuriken this week online since you motivated me. I just got my nunchuks today from American Nunchaku Company. They are pretty awesome. Mine is hand cut Octagon shape, Six link chain U-swivel,Straight,Red oak,Oil finished
Pic
http://imgur.com/a/omlwcTD

I'm going to check out some shuriken this week online since you motivated me. I just got my nunchuks today from American Nunchaku Company. They are pretty awesome. Mine is hand cut Octagon shape, Six link chain U-swivel,Straight,Red oak,Oil finished
Pic
http://imgur.com/a/omlwcTD

That's great ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Takes me back to early 70 's , when I was first learning to use the nunchaku .

My first were big octagonal oak with a long nylon tether .

I beat the crap out of myself . Hit my nose , etc . etc , . Blood and bruises .

Pain is wonderful teacher . I learned . ;)

That's great ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Takes me back to early 70 's , when I was first learning to use the nunchaku .

My first were big octagonal oak with a long nylon tether .

I beat the crap out of myself . Hit my nose , etc . etc , . Blood and bruises .

Pain is wonderful teacher . I learned . ;)

I seem to remember as a kid having a painful experience as well,lol but they are cool as hell. Been looking at Stars not as much decent stuff that there once was

I seem to remember as a kid having a painful experience as well,lol but they are cool as hell. Been looking at Stars not as much decent stuff that there once was
I know you guys were sitting around wandering how many hits could a bicycle helmet take from a set of munchkin made from legs of their wife's old bathroom shelf. I have that footage for you:

Now that we are all reminiscing about our inner ninja; what were some of your favorite throwing stars? Does any one have photos of those early throwers?

n2s

Haha, those 70s/80s stars were lethal... to the throwers and unlucky bystanders. I remember them hitting on the edge of targets and ricocheting who knows where. They also had cheap Chinese writing on Japanese - style weapons. I looked up the kanji once and the words were things like tree, man, and my favorite... friend. Friend, really? Love the comments and grateful for a moderator who actually moderates.

I know you guys were sitting around wandering how many hits could a bicycle helmet take from a set of munchkin made from legs of their wife's old bathroom shelf. I have that footage for you:

hahahahah, that's a trip. That must have been some bathroom shelf. Those legs made an a** kickin set of chuks,lol. Thanks for the video, awesome!

Last edited:
Haha, those 70s/80s stars were lethal... to the throwers and unlucky bystanders. I remember them hitting on the edge of targets and ricocheting who knows where. They also had cheap Chinese writing on Japanese - style weapons. I looked up the kanji once and the words were things like tree, man, and my favorite... friend. Friend, really? Love the comments and grateful for a moderator who actually moderates.

I remember they had butter soft steel and came entirely blunt. But, it was no problem walking up to any retailer and buying some when I was 12 or 13 - in New York City.

70s throwing star.jpg

n2s

Last edited:
Back