1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Recommendation? Cold Steel Talwar - Replacement Clip ?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by teclis22, Oct 9, 2017.

1. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    Hi guys,

today i got my http://www.coldsteel.com/talwar-5-5-plain-edge-od-green.html via mail.

I am not pleased at all with that clip. It is even smaller then the clip on my old Rajah III and looks and feels just flimsy.
    Are there any fitting replacement clips available that are a bit larger then the provided one ?

The hole pattern was changed, so it doesnt work to move the old clip over. Any form of advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

2. ursamajor

ursamajor

Oct 27, 2010
    What does the clip look like-I don’t have an XL Talwar.

3. ursamajor

ursamajor

Oct 27, 2010
    Ok I looked at a photo. Looks like a Rajah 2 clip will fit (the BD1 model)

4. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    Hi Ursa, thanks a lot for the tip.
    I wrote an email to CS Support and hope they will send out a replacement.

5. GlockMonkey

GlockMonkey

Sep 8, 2002
    I absolutely hated the clips on my Talwars so I ordered custom titanium clips from a seller on Etsy. They're deep carry which is neat, but the large Talwar already barely fits in my pockets. With the deep carry clip I only have a few pairs of pants that work. I'll try and remember to take a picture later.

6. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    awesome Monkey that would be great if you could post the pics :)

7. GlockMonkey

GlockMonkey

Sep 8, 2002
    Hopefully this works ok.

[​IMG]

teclis22 and ThePeacent like this.
  8. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    thanks for the reply.
    does the lanyard hole still work or is it covered up on the large one ?

9. GlockMonkey

GlockMonkey

Sep 8, 2002
    Sorry, missed this earlier. I'll check tonight and make sure. I believe it could still be used but I'm not 100% certain.