Cold Steel tuff lite

Sometimes a knife adds up to more than the sum of its parts. My experience with the Cold Steel tuff lite has been just that. The Specs are nothing astonishing, a 2.5" AUS 8A blade, a polymer handle, a functional pocket clip. lanyard slot, back lock with the advantages of Demko's Triad enhancement, amazing ergos, easily opened with the blade hole one handed, and with a little practice a one handed close as well. A convex wharncliffe blade with an unusual VW Beetle profile, jimping, genererous blade choil and it just screams practical in every way. Easy to sharpen, easy to do most everything. It is my go to blade for most everything as I worry not about damage to this knife. Made in Taiwan, a free nation unlike the CCP, I am happy to support their capitalist economy and quality skillman ship. Value to function is off the charts. It is not a knife to show, but to use. It saves my GECs, Hinderer Xm’s, and other higher end knives from loosing their great looks. This is the knife I gladly can give to a friend with no worry and literally give it to them if they like it given the cost. I give this knife a 10 for value and highly recommend this to all whom want to keep their fine knives looking good. So what this knife does not do deserves comment, it is not for battonning, self defense, being really collectable, so knowing that. I highly recommend this knife. Its competitors, well I cannot really think of one that is close in this price range. Just get one, I am fairly certain you will agree.

Last edited:
Great timing.

I bought a two on a whim, then after messing around and using them for a few days ordered three more. Got a red on in the pocket as we speak next to a Case Stockman.

It has some kinda weird appeal that is unique. It's inexpensive but not cheap. It's made of ho-hum materials but works great. It's small but still one handed open. It fills the hand somehow, despite being small.
35E1FEDA-A1E7-4C25-97D3-F1028C8E4F26.jpeg

A lot to love in this small package.

I was a fan. I lost one twice, and found it only once. And I gave my other one away after giving it a full height flat grind. A slightly larger opening hole might have kept it in my possession.

Missed this thread until today but I also love the Tuff Lite and constantly recommend it to folks. Probably my most used/sharpened folder…

I wish Cold Steel made a 3.5" or 3.75" cutting edge version, maybe with less of a choil. That would be outstanding.

Back