Cold Steel Viking Hand Axe : The Adventure begins !

Just received today and minimally readied to practice martial mayhem . My very first axe or hatchet designed more for battle than for wood processing ( done that for nearly 60 yrs ) . Done lots of martial arts training , too , but zero involving anything like this . So , I'm proceeding with the stodgy caution and wisdom of experience of past self-inflicted injuries .:eek:

The VHA arrived sharp enough to slice catalog paper and I didn't want to bother with removing the edge for training , hence the safety wrapping over the blade . I have an old "heavy bag" that's been covered with a tough , thick rubber mat that I use to hit with various weapons .

Only had ~30 min to start getting the feel of this hand axe , striking the bag , but I'm already very impressed .:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is a good video on the more practical , utility bushcraft aspects of the Hand Axe . :cool::thumbsup:

I really like that you can take the head off and use for finer work . At best it's a light chopper camp axe . Not a great splitter or tree felling axe . But , still could be handy in the woods , more so than many hawk designs .:)

Looks like fun too me, you really like that tape I see. I'd like to see a car attacked with it. :D

Looks like fun too me, you really like that tape I see. I'd like to see a car attacked with it. :D
Heck yeah , it's great fun ! But it's also instructive in some way, one hopes .

Yes , I truly love that tape and surely use a lot and overdo with it's application . " Silicone self-fusing tape " is truly miraculous stuff to me , maybe because I did't grow up with it or even know it existed until a few years ago . Previously , I was a "duct tape and bailing wire " kinda guy . :p

I haven't (yet) attacked any vehicles or home appliances , but Ive seen some videos . I guess the "serious " application is as a breaching / rescue tool ? A mini- fire axe . :confused: Not sure how effective this wood handled and light weight hand axe would be .

Back