1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Cold Steel War Hammer haft compatable with CS Hawks?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by PayetteRucker, Mar 28, 2010.

1. PayetteRucker

PayetteRucker

Aug 4, 2009
    has anyone tried using the 30 inch War Hammer haft in the eye of a cold steel hawk? Will it work with minor modification or no?

2. wannabebum

wannabebum

Dec 27, 2004
    If not, Cold Steel actually sells 30" tomahawk handles. Whether or not its the same handle used for the War Hammer, I am unsure.

3. raybateson

raybateson

Nov 1, 2006
    The different handle lengths are in fact compatible, it's called standardization. I've used the 30" with my norse hawk and the 19" with my hammer.

4. ohen cepel

ohen cepel Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Suggestions on a good place to buy them? The few I found want almost as much as the entire hawk cost.

Thanks!

5. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    Order them from Cold Steel themselves.

The Warhammer eye is slightly larger than my trail hawks' eyes, but all that would mean is a stock hawk head won't go on quite as far. But if you clean up the inside of the eye (like you really need to with CS hawks) it works fine.

6. Pandama

Pandama

Feb 19, 2012
    Have been wondering about this myself, recently broke my war hammers haft and am thinking of replacing it with the 22" hawk replacement handle instead of the 30" war hammer replacement handle, that 30" handle is pretty long and I think the 22" will make for much better one handed use