CollectorKnives / LionSteel Otnat

Anyone else finding the proportions of the clip and drop blade Bolus funny? The blade looks a drop too small for the handle? The Otus looks more proportional. Probably very comfortable to use though.

I noticed that the blade seems thin in profile with the handle when viewed from the side, but that seems to be a feature required to get the tang sunk below the handle when closed.

For me, and my predominate usage, the Otnat has definitely become the favorite in my pocket. The innovative blade design is as good as it gets. So much so, that I've just ordered another Rams Horn. Overkill? Can't get enough of a good thing? Probably yes to both but I just can't resist. Besides, I've got 3 grandsons and so I'll probably end up getting at least another two in Ebony in addition when possible!
"Collector Knives - Where Old Quality Meets New" says it all and actually may be an understatement.
OG

Can you measure the thickness behind the edge on yours?
G2

I checked it with a 1" micrometer & out of the box it was .015. No burrs but a bit obtuse.
I sharpened it to 20 DPS, remeasured and got .018.
I went with a clip point because I didn't have a clip that size. I don't know what the carbon fiber type is called but I like it much more than the normal carbon fiber. Just enough grip with out being rough.
This knife is to good to be a safe queen, it just begs you to use it.
IqLvH9U.jpg

q3YPClC.jpg

Thanks...I think ? lol my first purchase in 2019, of course on Jan 1st doesn't bode well for the remainder of the year!
The clip point looks great, looking forward to getting it in hand.

G2

Dean, that's great :)

and James, I'll report back once she arrives, I'm hoping that the stag one I picked will be a bit knarly in texture and not too smooth, we'll see what shows up I reckon !
G2

For me, and my predominate usage, the Otnat has definitely become the favorite in my pocket. The innovative blade design is as good as it gets. So much so, that I've just ordered another Rams Horn. Overkill? Can't get enough of a good thing? Probably yes to both but I just can't resist. Besides, I've got 3 grandsons and so I'll probably end up getting at least another two in Ebony in addition when possible!
"Collector Knives - Where Old Quality Meets New" says it all and actually may be an understatement.
OG
That's great feedback.
And not helping my wallet whatsoever :mad:
That otnat blade shape sure looks like a winner. Very appealing...

Edit to specify otnat, not clip shape

Last edited:
Just checked the CK site. Looks like you might have just got the last otnat in rams OLd_gUY OLd_gUY !
Sigh...:(
If so, that is absolutely AMAZING as I believe I may have also scored the last Dark Rams Horn in early Dec (post #143 of this thread), now the last Light one?
If true, I'm not sure of what that might mean except that I was extremely lucky - a BIG thank you to the knife gods.
Guess I'll have to get the radar focused on those Ebony's as soon as I can.

If so, that is absolutely AMAZING as I believe I may have also scored the last Dark Rams Horn in early Dec (post #143 of this thread), now the last Light one?
If true, I'm not sure of what that might mean except that I was extremely lucky - a BIG thank you to the knife gods.
I'm happy for you. I snoozed and loosed.
That's really pretty neat that you probably got the last dark and light versions!

I checked it with a 1" micrometer & out of the box it was .015. No burrs but a bit obtuse.
I sharpened it to 20 DPS, remeasured and got .018.
I went with a clip point because I didn't have a clip that size. I don't know what the carbon fiber type is called but I like it much more than the normal carbon fiber. Just enough grip with out being rough.
This knife is to good to be a safe queen, it just begs you to use it.
IqLvH9U.jpg

q3YPClC.jpg

Aargh, I didn't realise you would get one. Now of course I want one too! Really nice and thin behind the edge too. Can you show a picture of it next to a roundhead for size comparison? Thanks!

Aargh, I didn't realise you would get one. Now of course I want one too! Really nice and thin behind the edge too. Can you show a picture of it next to a roundhead for size comparison? Thanks!
i didn't realize I would get one :rolleyes:
I'll work on the Pic.

I've checked in here repeatedly and just never pulled the trigger, than the interest began to peak a little more each time, finally after what seemed like an awful long time I decided on the ebony drop point. It arrived and I was seriously impressed. The ebony is jet black and ebony being one of my favorite covers I went that route. Then the otnat kept calling, I wanted a dark rams horn but James' (redsparrow) posted his light version and I was hooked:eek: I may not have gotten the last one but I had to be close:)
siJAg8.jpg

IU0C6l.jpg

d1HzT2.jpg

I was thinking, it's probably pretty easy to put custom covers on these knives.
Maybe I'll get a micarta otnat and put my own rams horn (or another material) on them :thumbsup:
Hmmmm....

I was thinking, it's probably pretty easy to put custom covers on these knives.
Maybe I'll get a micarta otnat and put my own rams horn (or another material) on them :thumbsup:
Hmmmm....
That would be far above my skill level but I thought I remembered a pic that might be of help and found it HERE in the Lionsteel "Roundhead" Barlow PICS thread.
There are also some pics in there of some very nice covers that some have done for the Roundhead.

Back