CollectorKnives / LionSteel Otnat

…sorry about the thumb stud :confused:)

BztthKA.jpg

Fixed. :D

jUiFO1M.jpg

Imho, the one’s you don’t always like can wind up being one of the best users you have. I am still on the fence with this one, would definitely have to see one in hand. The Rounhead and the Teardrop EO sfo’s I was familiar enough with the handle shape to know I would like them right off. To each their own!

I would be in for a pass-around of this one for people to try. I feel like that's a good way for people to give it some time, add some life story to the knife, and not invest too much money into a knife they're on the fence about. I've been using a BM contego recently and have actually really liked the blade design even though that's mostly been as a woods knife.

I know there was a traveling delica thread at one point that was neat and I feel like there was another. Doesn't help many of the international guys but maybe something to look into.

knifeswapper knifeswapper I like what you are doing and appreciate it even if this particular design doesn't fit my taste but who knows what I might say about future blade shapes in that handle.

I'm gonna pick up a black carbon fiber version, the more I look at this one, the more I want to actually handle one and put it to some use.

I really struggled with that, but in the end just felt like a two-sided pull right where it would be pinchable - might be beneficial. As we are trying to tighten the springs up a bit.

Well, I do think it looks like it will work well, it's just an odd visual aesthetic. The 'heavy trapper' frame profile is a definite favorite. Been a while since I had one in hand that was a single blade.

I really like the collaborations you have been doing with Lionsteel but I can never understand why they like teflon so much. Not so much of a big deal but if these had phosphor bronze washers they would be much more appealing to me. Am I the only one?

With a folder this size and the need to manually open the blade any difference is negligible....

The more I check this knife out the more I really like it! Hey Mike, knifeswapper knifeswapper is the first version with tan scales a representation of what the natural canvas micarta will look like? FWIW and I'm sure it's a moot point but I do appreciate the large exposed pivot screw. I like the aesthetics, it reminds me of a large pin and collar on a custom shadow pattern. I also appreciate that if your going to have an adjustable pivot why not keep it simple and accessible? More utilitarian and easier to maintain on the fly. Anyway, all my single blade traditionals are customs right now so I think I'm gonna snag one of these so I have a high end production with great egos and steel to beat around with.

The natural canvas micarta will be the same as is on the Dom. Per the pivot, they put a drop of loctite on them at the factory - but many folks like to tinker with them and don't have loctite laying around to re-apply. With the screw exposed there is a tendency to close the knife with finger pressure applied to that area. The combination of those two things caused me to make the change so I am not sending out new pivot screws all the time. Liked the looks better with the "birdseye" look as well - but it just wasn't to be.

How thick is the blade? I have quite a few of these modern traditional knives, and they tend to have a little thicker blade stock than they need.

Well Mike I kinda like this knife, I think it's like a big Spey blade that actually got a tip on it, I may try to get one. I'm not sure what everybody is griping about. It's almost a modern knife but not quite. If I can scrape up some money I'm gonna get one. I like the ebony.

Looks like a pretty dang efficient cutting blade to me and I enjoy the lines. I'm waiting to see what they look like finished is why I haven't reserved. Not sure what cover I'll like best though I do heavily favor micarta.

Looking forward to these making an appearance..
Likewise. I'm likely to pull the trigger on one after I get a look at the handle materials. Right now I'm torn between the Red Micarta, OD Green G10, and Natural Canvas Micarta but once I see them I'll know right away which one I want.

I find the blade shape very attractive. The handle looks like it would provide a great grip and I like that Mike went back to the "sunken joint" feature.

This looks like a very nicely designed knife and I hope to get one soon. Looking forward to early next week.

Likewise. I'm likely to pull the trigger on one after I get a look at the handle materials. Right now I'm torn between the Red Micarta, OD Green G10, and Natural Canvas Micarta but once I see them I'll know right away which one I want.

I find the blade shape very attractive. The handle looks like it would provide a great grip and I like that Mike went back to the "sunken joint" feature.

This looks like a very nicely designed knife and I hope to get one soon. Looking forward to early next week.
I just ordered my red micarta, I'll post up some first impressions when it arrives.

I just ordered my red micarta, I'll post up some first impressions when it arrives.

That's awesome, Taylor! Does that mean that Mike already has them on hand? I noticed that the reservations were closed today but I didn't have one reserved.

Back