CollectorKnives / LionSteel Otnat

I'm glad USPS gave some wiggle room for delivery. Mine showed up today, not disappointed at all. I do like the contoured handle. Here's mine and a comparison picture just because.

k4HJNs8.jpg

q2M145d.jpg

I'm glad USPS gave some wiggle room for delivery. Mine showed up today, not disappointed at all. I do like the contoured handle. Here's mine and a comparison picture just because.

k4HJNs8.jpg

q2M145d.jpg
nice pics and beautiful assortment!

I really struggled with that, but in the end just felt like a two-sided pull right where it would be pinchable - might be beneficial. As we are trying to tighten the springs up a bit.

I just want to comment that this works exactly as designed. In the pictures the two-sided pull does appear to be a bit too far forward but that pull is right where my fingers naturally land when I go to pinch the blade open. Perfect!

I was at the mall Christmas shopping for my granddaughter and was going to order the red linen Otnat as soon as I got home when the message about the drop point version showed up on email. Just ordered one,can't wait. I have the Shuffler and Roundhead and I really like them. I know the new one will be just as nice as the others.Thank you Mike for making them available.

Should have a clip version in a couple weeks.... Worked hard for a high/medium/low tip - something for everyone. Very glad they are being well received. The drop and clip will not be as pinchable for those folks that like to pull their blades open ;> I did that to keep the profile as low as possible.

I'm glad CK is bring out the drop and clip point I'm going to hold out for the clip point. Random carbon fiber unless they come out in OD G10 or better yet (HINT) :) black G10.

I'm waiting for CK to come out with a 3.25" to 3.50" version of their slipjoint Lionsteel knives... then I might delve back into them.

Should have a clip version in a couple weeks.... Worked hard for a high/medium/low tip - something for everyone. Very glad they are being well received. The drop and clip will not be as pinchable for those folks that like to pull their blades open ;> I did that to keep the profile as low as possible.

Nice, this is what I'm waiting on.

Just grabbed a drop point in ebony. I was torn between the blade shapes as I think both look great. Can’t wait!

I was surprised to see the drop points release shortly after saying the first model wasn't for me however I am now feeling the first model more than the drop point so now I wait to see the clip.

I received my Otnat today in natural canvas micarta, and it is practically a work of art! Probably my favorite of all these offerings from CK to date, especially from a utilitarian standpoint, due to the outstanding blade shape. Fit, finish and grind are superb and this thing is sharp! And M390 blade steel.

I hate to say this, but Lionsteel is putting the U.S. knife manufacturers to shame at this price point, for this kind of knife - that is to say, traditional style.

Back