Colored anodized damascus folder- should I upgrade my account to offer for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am relatively new here and brand new to sharpening on guided systems (got the TSPROF) and "high end" mid tech knives.
I don't want to collect, but I do want to get a variety of different steels to sharpen and understand how each steel is different to sharpen. Ultimately I don't want to collect, just explore sharpening and God willing be around long enough to pick 1 or 2 EDC knives.

My only indulgence purchase was a colored or perhaps mosaic damascus with genuine gemstones, abalone, and pearl (or mother of pearl).
It was intended as a gift for my wife but she isn't interested.

I think the maker was a guy named Suchat from Thailand. I can't complain about the quality of it, I am happy with the construction and materials and had them verified by a jeweler.
The blade is 1095 and 15N20 with 300 layers and tested at 58 hardness.

My question is whether you guys think that this is a knife that is worth setting up a paid account to offer for sale. I have some awful medical issues going on (revealed in the last month or so) and can't afford any luxuries, although I think I need something to raise my quality of life for what's left of it by exploring sharpening as a bit of an escape.
I guess what I am asking is if you think it's worth spending the money for a membership which would allow me to sell and if this knife seems like something that would sell here.
I am attaching photos from Imgur but I don't know how to use Imgur so please someone let me know if you can't see the album.
Thanks to all
FmU3HGt
http://imgur.com/gallery/FmU3HGt
http://imgur.com/gallery/FmU3HGt

How else are you going to know if the knife will sell here ? The best thing to do is to buy a gold membership, list the knife and see if it sales.
Or are you just trolling to see if anyone is interested in the knife and then try to sell it privately avoiding a membership fee ????

How else are you going to know if the knife will sell here ? The best thing to do is to buy a gold membership, list the knife and see if it sales.
Or are you just trolling to see if anyone is interested in the knife and then try to sell it privately avoiding a membership fee ????
Who would do such a thing? I’m sure it’s the furthest thing from his mind. For shame ;)

No, this is unusual enough and I am new enough that it's a legitimate question. I never asked what it was worth, but the veterans here might be able to say that posting that knife would make me a laughing stock or if it is legitimately something our members might be interested in.
I am suffering through health issues right now, this is the last thing I have that offers any quality of life besides my family, please don't be inconsiderate just want to know if this is something I should explore, or if it will invite unkind comments because it is colorful and not commando.
In a few weeks/months I will have a better idea whether I will even be alive long enough to use a year membership so cut me some slack.
Just wanted to know if this is not the right forum for trying to sell this before committing what precious little resources left.
Thanks

If your intentions were genuine then you have my apologies. I shouldn’t have rushed to judgement and wish you well.

You should buy a gold membership. You’ve been a member since 2006. Need a gold member ship to sell but not to buy. But you already know that. With the knives you have purchased off the forum already.

...sounds a bit fishy... either buy the Gold or give it up...
You already know the rules, and $30 or so is cheap for a full year on this forum...

Assuming you are being legit, I would say that a Suchat knife is not the type that sees the greatest demand on these forums, so you might want to list it elsewhere for less than you paid. But you will incur fees at auction or through a resale knife shop.

The intent of the "no values" rule is to prevent folks from advertising that they have a knife they want to sell when they do not have a membership that allows them to do so.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back