Colt/Wilson Master Grade 130 Value?

I finally stumbled onto this forum, so let me give you a very late welcome. Wilson Combat makes outstanding equipment/tools/art. I have been using them for well over 25 years and they have never failed to perform, never.

I am trying to find some information about the value of a pistol I have had for awhile. I need some info on value for my insurance. I have looked around and so far I really have not been able to find much info or even any of these for sale.

I have a Colt Series 70 Mark IV 1911 that was turned into a Wilson Combat Master Grade #130 in the early 80's. I bought this pistol in 1990. Pistol is in great shape, shoots better than I ever will. She has no dings/scratches just a little holster wear from being used. Hard chromed frame and blue slide. Has a single left side only safety ( did not need ambi ) and does not have flat/groved top of slide. I have all the paperwork from Wilson ( As soon as I dig it out ) but do not have Colt box.

I would gladly post pictures but I can't get the hang of posting them and will have too wait on my wife to get home to post. ( One of the advantages of marrying a younger woman )

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sua Sponte

Last edited:
Nice gun!!!!! Bad side is its when wilson was doing custom guns and not complete build guns. Not trying to knock your pistol at all because they have always done fantastic work, and chances are Wilson himself did all the work on your pistol. From a collector standpoint its a parts gun, basically a colt with the Wilson trick up, from a shooter stand point its an amazing piece of work. My experience dealing with and owning them, and from your description of condition, I'd expect the value to be in the $11-1250 range

I would love to buy some at that price. Let me know the next time you have one. You brought up a good point, I had just never thought of a Colt as a parts gun, of course Wilson did use a BarSto barrel, Swenson safety, and Bomar sights, so it does have 3 non Colt parts. Oh well, let me know when you get some in for $1100 or $1200.

Thanks,

Sua Sponte

Nice gun!!!!! Bad side is its when wilson was doing custom guns and not complete build guns. Not trying to knock your pistol at all because they have always done fantastic work, and chances are Wilson himself did all the work on your pistol. From a collector standpoint its a parts gun, basically a colt with the Wilson trick up, from a shooter stand point its an amazing piece of work. My experience dealing with and owning them, and from your description of condition, I'd expect the value to be in the $11-1250 range

I could be wrong, but I don't see what difference it would make having it built with a Colt frame and slide. Unless I'm mistaken, Wilson never has manufactured their own slides and frames anyway. IIRC, at one time they were having them made by the same company that made them for Kimber. But , I've been out of the loop for a few years, so things may have changed.

I understand what you are saying, but I would rather have an earlier 1911 that was made by Bill himself when the company was just really getting started. Not that there is anything wrong with the current production pistols.

You feel the same way I do. I am hoping to find someone else that owns one like this just so I can have some idea what they think their's is worth.
I love having a Wilson built Colt from that time frame. Kind of the best of both worlds in my book. I do know if anyone wants to sell one for $1100 to $1200 it will not last long, so I think that is a very low price for a Wilson Master Grade 130. I would love to find a couple at that price.

Thanks for the help and I hope to hear from fellow Wilson/Colt owners. I know they are out there.

Last edited:
I still have it, I just returned from a visit to Wilson Combat, great visit. Thanks to Scott for taking care of me. It was fun showing off my pistol, everyone was amazed at how good of condition she's in.

Hi
I've found that gun in my basement, but i don't know how it works, can someone explain it to me?
I can fill the magasin, gut here do i have to put the gas in?

Back