1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

combat kerambit

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by tengu, May 15, 2003.

1. tengu

tengu

May 7, 2003
    Does anyone have a production kerambit yet. Mine has been on order for a couple of months now. My dealer is having trouble getting it in. If you have one what do you think of it. Several poeple have told me recently that Emersons quality is dropping.

2. SpelAtHome

SpelAtHome

Jul 3, 2002
    I don't have a Kerambit, but about the quality you are right. Several people are telling that the quality is going down. But I can tell you that Emerson knives are top notch and that the quality only went up since the start of the company. I own 7 of them, and they are all very, very good. And if there would be a problem with an Emerson knife, then call them and ask whether they could fix it. I am sure they will, because the complete company stand behind their product.

Sal

3. tengu

tengu

May 7, 2003
    HI Sal, I agree with you, I own several emersons and have never had a problem or a complaint about any of them. I just keep hearing this rumor about their quality and wanted to ask about it.

4. z17813

z17813

May 21, 2002
    I have no idea about the rumours but I have bought half a dozen Emersons in the last year and they are all great quality, as good as the others I own.

5. Rex G

Rex G

Aug 26, 2002
    I got a production kerambit, #0122, a few weeks ago. Compared to a friend's pre-production, it is not quite as elegant, but for a production knife it is quite good, and the QC is better than some other production Emersons I have handled. I never really appreciated wave opening until now; the Emerson kerambit waves open into the "extended" grip right quick. It does not really fit my hands very well with my index finger inside the hole, however, but that is an individual thing. I prefer the finger hole to be offset to a greater degree. There is also no rear brake, which is important when using the kerambit in an extended position. It works better for me when in a "normal" grip in spite of the finger grooves not lining up with my fingers. I hope to obtain a Tarani folding Karambit soon, and compare the two. As it is, I prefer my Strider/Tarani fixed-blade Karambits because they fit my hands better. The Spyderco Gunting will remain my EDC. The Emerson Kerambit will ride along in my left front pocket much of the time as backup. My favorite Emerson remains the LaGriffe.

6. gordyt

gordyt Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Hey tengu,

Just got in a production Karambit, #201, today. I like it a lot! I didn't get a chance to handle one of the pre-production models, so I have no point of comparison.

But this knife is very slick. You have to be careful, it's darn near impossible NOT to open the thing as you draw it out of your pocket--you have to almost make a concious effort to push it forward a bit as you pull it out.

Now if only I could handle the darn thing like Mr. Emerson can!

--gordon

7. Kopfjaeger

Kopfjaeger

Jul 16, 2001
    Anyone know who might have a production Karambit in stock? I can't seem to find one.
    Thanks.

8. Kukri4302

Kukri4302

Dec 26, 2002
    I have #0267,no complaints & no problems with QC !!
    Jim:D