Combine the best aspects from every production company into the perfect knife.

Here's something fun. Ever think that spyderco does one thing and benchmade does another and wish you could just take the two and put them together? What do you think from every production knife company that you would like to combine their best aspects with other companies best aspects.

I would like..

Ergonomics of a Spyderco
Steels of a Spyderco
Speed of a Benchmade
Pocket Clips of SOG
Construction of an Emerson (flat and philips heads for screws)
Strength of a Cold Steel
Thinness of a Kershaw
Serrations (if any) of a Kershaw
Blade of a Buck + Heat Treat (110 or Vantage, drop or clip just make it work)
Fit and Finish of CRK
Warranty of ESEE :D

I think I'll leave my Spydercos, Benchmades, and CRKs alone...

Strength of a Cold Steel? :rolleyes:

What knifemaking skills do you possess that makes you competent to challenge incredibly well-respected knife brands?

What knifemaking skills do you possess that makes you competent to challenge incredibly well-respected knife brands?

I didn't know you needed any to be able to pick out each brand's strengths.

I can't draw for ****, but I can tell what makes a painting a good painting.

Production knife makers make too many knives to draw any specific trait from them.

If I were looking for "perfection" I would want the ergos of Rick Hinderer, the fit and finish of Lionsteel, the steel of Kershaw, the heat treat of Phil Wilson, and the price of Spyderco:thumbup:.

I think I'll leave my Spydercos, Benchmades, and CRKs alone...

Strength of a Cold Steel? :rolleyes:

It's just something fun to think about. Theirs usually one thing or another that bothers someone about a particular brand. Some might not like the ergos on benchmades since the Aries has sharp corners or bad jimping. I find Spydercos very slower except the military, but still not as fast as a benchmade. I love microtechs but I wish they would stop using their proprietary screw. So on and so forth.

And Triad Locks aren't strong? They've been very impressive, granted it's a Custom knife maker design but I said production companies but if you want me to get specific I want the strength of Andrew Demko locks, and the only production knife company that uses them are CS.

And why do I need knife making skills? I'm a consumer and a user, It's like telling someone who complains that their car is too slow and saying "what automotive skills do you have to challenge your Honda/Toyota/BMW ect.?"

Ergonomics of a Spyderco
Steels of a Spyderco
Speed of a Benchmade
Pocket Clips of SOG
Construction of an Emerson (flat and philips heads for screws)
Strength of a Cold Steel
Thinness of a Kershaw
Serrations (if any) of a Kershaw
Blade of a Buck + Heat Treat (110 or Vantage, drop or clip just make it work)
Fit and Finish of CRK
Warranty of ESEE :D
I like it! I'd buy one!

Back