1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Comeandtakeit strikes again .... on another forum.

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by STONE FINGERS, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STONE FINGERS

STONE FINGERS

Jan 7, 2013
    So I've been trying to locate some background info on this guy and I come across this forum that has had a few run ins with him.

So I belong to another forum that he's been frequenting allot ..... let's just say that it's for everyday carry ...... and he's know as Winter Soldier on that forum. Also, he goes by the name SOAR on this forum.

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/s...fe-Collection-Fire-Sale?highlight=Ontario+TAK

I purchase a fixed blade knife with Kydex sheath from him and he shipped it (in a bubble wrapped envelope of all things), and the package arrives with the item in the package missing. Envelope was taped from top to bottom with packing tape and it still appeared to have been cut open along the top edge of the envelope.

[​IMG]

I've been in contact with both USPS, Canada Post and CBSA and they all agree that they did not open the package. CBSA does not report anything about seizing the item. They would have re-sealed it and sent it along with a sticker and letter in package saying as such.

So I have 2 questions for you fine folks.
    First: How does a postal company send a bubble wrap envelope that looks clearly empty and opened on the top edge of the envelope, along several junctions of it's destination without any caution to what might have happened to the item.

Secondly: Is it at all possible that after you bring an item to postal facility to have it weighted, checked and stamped that you might be able to deposit the said item YOURSELF later on in a postal box. Or does it have to remain with the postal office upon registration of package?

Cheers,
    Stone Fingers.

2. asdf12345

asdf12345

Jul 4, 2014
    What does the weight say on the postage?

I think the post office takes the item after you pay for shipping in person. However I suppose if you really pestered them they might hand it back to you.

Laziness and oversight does happen, it's possible that the item was stolen in transit and an employee at the next center it arrived at didn't bother to report the item as tampered with.

3. high desert

high desert Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2009
    Seeing the cost at $12.35 makes me think something was in there.

4. STONE FINGERS

STONE FINGERS

Jan 7, 2013
    But my wife got me thinking when she asked if it was possible to have the package handed back to you after you've "registered" the package for mail services.

I filed a claim with paypal and it is still under review. The sender claims that upon receipt of the package I opened the package and am now claiming that the item was not in there. I even went so far as to ask Canada Post Customer Service as well as the local Postal sorting facility supervisor how they are able to NOT see that the package was open and to allow it to continue in transit to the mailing address. Even the postal carrier failed to report that it was an open package.

Which leaves me to believe that it's a cover up on the part of USPS and/or Canada Post. And they are all trying to cover there behind. I'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened. But I did bring into question the lack of accountability on ALL there parts when it comes to responsibility. Of course, it's all a mute point now.

Something reeks of cover up. I also filed a complaint with the local Ontario Ombudsman against Canada Post.

5. NCCNC

NCCNC

Jan 26, 2013
    if you used paypal goods/services, they will get your money back. The seller is responsible for the item until it's arrival. If he insured it, which is just common sense, he can make a claim to usps.

6. asdf12345

asdf12345

Jul 4, 2014
    If I remember right, USPS insurance considers damage and loss to be different; if nothing is delivered at all, the shipper to provide proof of purchase, receipts, etc. But if the package is damaged the shipper has to prove that the item was packaged correctly.

7. AVigil

AVigil Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    It is was opened while in processing it usually will get a sticker put on it saying the package was open.

Looks like it might have been stolen once it left the post office in route to you.

8. STONE FINGERS

STONE FINGERS

Jan 7, 2013
    I did use paypal goods/services and have been from day one. I do not trust it when someone asks me to send him the money using the gift option. The ONLY time i do tha tis with a trusted, done business with over and over again, person.

Unfortunately the person didn't have the foresight or common sense to take out insurance and ship the package properly. If he had, this could all be avoided.

I think you are right, and to avoid paperwork and the possibility of a claim of negligence (however I don't think it would have worked in my favor), they opted to turn a blind eye to the problem.

9. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    So this is a deal that took place on a different forum? Why are we talking about it here? Can't you talk about it over there?

10. STONE FINGERS

STONE FINGERS

Jan 7, 2013
    We could, but than you wouldn't be able to comment on it now would you? :D

But in all seriousness, the reason I chose not to talk about it over there yet is because the matter has not been resolved by Paypal yet.

Discussing it whilst him still active on a forum that I post in might muddy the waters a bit and I prefer not to do that.

11. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I shouldn't have to comment on a situation that has nothing to do with the website I am a member of.

So it is okay to muddy the waters over here? You haven't even brought this up on the forum the deal took place on? Makes no sense.

Plus, the guy you are dealing with is banned here. BFC took care of the problem for ITS members.

To quote the great RevDevil:

"We are not going to become the National Clearinghouse for all knife deals that have gone wrong.....If a deal occurs over Facebook, Instagram, or anyforumUSA.com it needs to be resolved there. We aren't going to wage battles that we are not even a part of."

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  12. STONE FINGERS

STONE FINGERS

Jan 7, 2013
    So don't comment, no one is asking you too. It was simply a post that was intended to ask a couple of questions. So no-one is twisting your arm to respond to something that you might have come across, and felt the need to read.

I did in fact bring the problem up on the other forum, however it is being kept under close quarters until a resolution is found. The moderators of the other form are aware of it and that's all I need to say about that.

As for waging a battle ...... blah, blah, blah ............... i wasn't asking anyone to intervene or step in for me. I was simply pointing out to other members that if they happen to be a part of the other community, to be aware of what his username is over there. Again, I was merely asking 2 questions about how your postal facilities work over there in the US of A cause I am from Canada.

Cheers,
    Stone Fingers

13. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    I may be wrong but once you hand the package to the postal worker and he puts postage and the other appropriate stickers/stamps it is NOT handed back to the sender. if your mail is deliverd to your house and not picked up at the PO you may just want to talk to the mailman.

maybe he has a new fixed blade strapped to his belt???

14. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    Regardless of what people think, this needs to be hashed out at the place where it happened, not here. We appreciate the heads up, but the folks at the other place might appreciate it even more since this guy is banned from here for a couple reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.