Comfortable Shoes for everyday wear - Recommendations !

I have used the beast from Brooks for a few years for my size 16 feet. As far as those kind of shoes they are all I'll ever wear or buy. I also own a pair of Ecco Tracker 2's. They are my first pair and I really like those as well. I am wanting to get a pair of Danner Melee's just for the fun of it. Anybody have these?

My shoe of choice is the Brooks Beast as well. Great shoes for those of us with foot problems.

ECCOs are high quality and the european style fit (hugs the sides of the foot rather than the toe and heel areas) is very comfortable all day. You can get the right size even for wide feet. It's probably the way these shoes hold the feet compared to american styles which I think many might find different. Pricey, but I highly recommend.

I wear Brooks Beasts to run in but wear Lowa boots day in and day out which on depends on what I'm doing. I have Baffin pros if I'm going to be out in the training area or any real hiking 70% of the time I wear Lowa Hudson mids. The nice part about Lowa is when you send them in for re-soling they replace the entire footbed not just the sole so you in essence get new boots, the bad part is they have to go to Lowa I've yet to find any place outside Lowa that will re-sole them.

Brooks Beasts are my go-to gym shoe. Best stability running shoes that I have found.

Another vote for Keens. 6" Louisvilles, so comfy you'll never know it's a work boot. At home, or for little errands, I knock around in Bearpaw Moccasins, Moc III I think it is. Like anything truly quality, expect to pay a little more, but they'll last 3x as long as anything from wally world. Don't let the wool lining on the Bearpaws fool you, it's real, so it wicks sweat just fine and air dries like a charm.

I am a city mailman- I walk from 8:30am until 3:30pm. I wear Merrells. I'm sure Keen, Timberland, and some of the others are good shoes, but I haven't found any shoes that feel better than Merrell's.

I have used the beast from Brooks for a few years for my size 16 feet. As far as those kind of shoes they are all I'll ever wear or buy. I also own a pair of Ecco Tracker 2's. They are my first pair and I really like those as well. I am wanting to get a pair of Danner Melee's just for the fun of it. Anybody have these?

I've been eyeballing the all black low top Melees for a while. I'll probably pull the trigger on them before the summer is up.

I go with Doc Martens for semi-dressy. Otherwise, I go with Asics gel running shoes or Teva sandals for everything else.

black red wing 607. can be used for biking, or at the factory floor, can be polished to look acceptable for the office. or you can choose the brown version 606.

thank you everyone i really liked the recommendations so far, I have narrowed my choices
Hoka one (exercise shoe) and either Keen targhee or Vasque breeze gtx. (everyday shoe) :thumbup:

sadly I may have to put knife purchases on the backburner. :D

Brooks or New Balance. Merrill are great as well and more rugged.

http://www.salomon.com/us/

Check the "hiking" section. The X ultra mid gtx is what you want, if you want a mid-height shoe/boot. These are as good as any boots but also just as comfortable and wearable as a sneaker. I mentioned them in the "boots" thread as well. If you want something lower with less ankle support, they have plenty of options for that as well.

All others fail! these are pricey but way better then everything else listed here. If you want to pay for them that is. They range from $100-$250. Forgot to mention, they're water resistant as well with goretex and have replaceable pad inserts inside that you can swap out after a year if they're worn.

Back