Photos Coming soon: A pocket clip for your SAK

When I have carried SAK, I’ve always carried it in the coin pocket.
But it’s pretty cool and innovative how they did that clip attachment.

I think they should have made it a bit more elegant though.

depending on how they have that rigged it would make a nice companion on a compact or tinker.

Interesting, but my Tinker stays in my pocket (always) and my Deluxe Tinker in a belt pouch (when I'm out and about).
Rich

Nice ! But there must be another way
to attach the clip other than to fasten
screws into SAK scales... or gluing them on :-(

There is.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
There is.

giphy.gif
Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up :)
Now that, might actually work.
What a brilliant idea!
Wonder what is the maximum
weight it is rated to hold up,
given the actual material strength
of the clip material for which the amount
of stress it is rated to withstand?

I guess I don't get it.

To me, it just seems like unnecessary clutter on an already great tool. Like trying to attract interest from the tactical Tommy crowd. "See, SAK's can be cool too!"

Sacrilegious.

Maybe like buying a Honda Civic, then putting a whale tail on it and a coffee can muffler and pretending you have a performance car. Defeats the whole purpose of the thing.

I wish Victorinox would just offer the option of a clip themselves. This accessory looks like a poor solution to my eyes.

Jackknife, do you really believe clips are popular merely because users think they're "tactical"? If you could look past the perceived stigma you created you might find that clips are actually a convenient option

Last edited:
I have some pants that just don't work with a pocket-drop knife. Its not many of my pants as I get rid of pocket-dumper pants, but I have a couple pairs of nicer pants where a SAK just doesn't sit quite right in them. I can also see this working well for someone who wants a more secure jacket pocket or shirt pocket carry.
This seems better than the nite-ize clip, and probably has a niche for some people.

I'm intrigued by the design but like others, I'm skeptical about the stability of the single screw attachment. On the other hand, I like that there is no glue and no screws penetrating the scales. If I decide that I don't like the clip it's easily removed without damage to the SAK or the clip.

Fortunately, I seldom use the tweezers but if I did use them often I wouldn't even consider this product. The tweezers look difficult to access with the clip installed.

I'm going to wait and see what actual users have to say about these. If the reviews are favorable I'll get one and come to my own conclusion.

I wish Victorinox would just offer the option of a clip themselves.
Absolutely!
They had this money clip for years
And even the 111mm
Unfortunately they've skipped it
altogather on the 91mm.
I suppose such a handy feature
upgrade might backfire on their pricepoint.
Oh and btw

Last edited:
IMHO, a solution (?) to a problem that doesn't exist.
If it is too big for your pocket or you just don't want
to carry it in your pocket, there are dozens of nice
belt pouches around. It doesn't have to be a Vic sheath.
I carry my Deluxe Tinker in a nice basket weave leather
sheath (and my Tinker in my pocket at home).
Rich

Last edited:
I am not likely to buy one, but there have been plenty of people who have said they would like to have a pocket clip. I like the fact that they came up with one that doesn't require drilling. I either pocket carry or use a belt pouch, but I am glad this option is available for those who want it.

Back