1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos Coming soon: A pocket clip for your SAK

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Brhowser87, Jul 11, 2019.

1. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I happen to own quite a few of the translucent sapphire models. I like the way they look besides the utility of the tool. This clip ruins the aesthetics for me. No thanks.

chiral.grolim and Prester John like this.
  2. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    I'm tempted, but I'm concerned that the attachment method puts a lot of strain on the keyring tab. I'm also not "international shipping" tempted.

3. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    It might be handy, but it seems so sacrilegious to put a pocket clip in a SAK

jackknife likes this.
  4. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I can't say I've ever wanted a pocket clip on any of my vic's, but I appreciate the innovation and simplicity.
    I'll give them an A for effort but won't be buying one personally, I'll get my dad might lose me one for his tinker.

5. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    There is one SAK with a stock clip. The SAK money clip.

[​IMG]

6. Airborne 1

Airborne 1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2014
    I believe forum member @chiral.grolim does the best "clip" job (Imho)

chiral.grolim likes this.
  7. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    Don't see the need. I've carried a pocket knife in my RFP for so long I don't even notice it, except if it's not there.

jackknife and Railsplitter like this.
  8. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I prefer pocket carry too. I carry my primary cutter at the bottom of my RFP. Always have. I used to carry my Super Tinker in the watch pocket right above it but being a 3 layer SAK, I got tired of trying to reach past it to grab my primary cutter.

I'm currently using this Clip Slip and it's actually working out pretty good. The clip in this thread is just another option for me to consider.

IMG_4865.JPG

9. NapalmCheese

NapalmCheese

Aug 24, 2006
    I made a pretty crude one of those some time ago. I liked it. Sat deeper in the pocket than the one you've got. I keep it clipped on my RFP like I would a clip knife and just grab my SAK when I need it. Works for me. I'm not sure where it is these days as I stopped carrying a SAK for a long while going back to back pocket carry of larger knives instead.

Railsplitter likes this.
  10. Old Biker

Old Biker

Sep 25, 2016
    I'm fairly certain that pocket clip is not coming to my SAK.

[​IMG]

O.B.

MTB and pipedreams308 like this.
  11. Thorfinn

Thorfinn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 28, 2018
    I am interested in this concept, however it is mostly because I dislike the ring clips loop wearing a hole in my pocket. Belt pouch solved that but it is occasionally awkward in the car. Not a fan of filing the loop off, though. Just difficult I suppose! I like that this seems removable.

12. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    25664FB3-E896-4508-8147-3528F73E34B5.jpeg The Ti SAK’s lend themselves to clips. The clips can be removed if you need to use a key chain, hanger, or lanyard. I carry 3 SAK’s, and I clip one and pocket two. One of the pocketed SAK’s is a Money Clip.

13. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    A link to some of my stuff: https://imgur.com/a/gzGsrYt

Some examples, I can do bantams & cadets too but the scales are so thin it makes me nervous. The Bantams and cadets can use the deep-carry clip seen on the Ti-SAKs in the post above but pioneer-sized Alox SAKs cannot due to the pivot-pin placement. I have made a couple attempts at replacing the pins with screws/pillars but it is a pain due to tolerances and different diameters between pivots and pins :p

But anybody i need of a pocket-clip for their Alox SAK is welcome to email me. I am about to place an ad in the sale section with the models i currently have clipped and ready to ship

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Airborne 1

Airborne 1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2014
    They also make Great money clips!

15. MTB

MTB

Jun 23, 2019
    Pretty ingenious idea really. Im sure alot of people will find this to be helpful. Not for me though. Most of my SAKs ride nicely at the bottom of my pocket. Those clips on the alox SAKs sure are temping though. They keep with the nice clean looks of the SAK.

16. pfranze78

pfranze78

Aug 31, 2016
    Airborne 1 wasn't lying, they are great!