Photos Coming soon: A pocket clip for your SAK

I'm tempted, but I'm concerned that the attachment method puts a lot of strain on the keyring tab. I'm also not "international shipping" tempted.

I can't say I've ever wanted a pocket clip on any of my vic's, but I appreciate the innovation and simplicity.
I'll give them an A for effort but won't be buying one personally, I'll get my dad might lose me one for his tinker.

I wish Victorinox would just offer the option of a clip themselves. This accessory looks like a poor solution to my eyes.

Jackknife, do you really believe clips are popular merely because users think they're "tactical"? If you could look past the perceived stigma you created you might find that clips are actually a convenient option

There is one SAK with a stock clip. The SAK money clip.

SAK_0_6540_16__S1.jpg

Don't see the need. I've carried a pocket knife in my RFP for so long I don't even notice it, except if it's not there.

I prefer pocket carry too. I carry my primary cutter at the bottom of my RFP. Always have. I used to carry my Super Tinker in the watch pocket right above it but being a 3 layer SAK, I got tired of trying to reach past it to grab my primary cutter.

I'm currently using this Clip Slip and it's actually working out pretty good. The clip in this thread is just another option for me to consider.

IMG_4865.JPG

I prefer pocket carry too. I carry my primary cutter at the bottom of my RFP. Always have. I used to carry my Super Tinker in the watch pocket right above it but being a 3 layer SAK, I got tired of trying to reach past it to grab my primary cutter.

I'm currently using this Clip Slip and it's actually working out pretty good. The clip in this thread is just another option for me to consider.

View attachment 1161727
I made a pretty crude one of those some time ago. I liked it. Sat deeper in the pocket than the one you've got. I keep it clipped on my RFP like I would a clip knife and just grab my SAK when I need it. Works for me. I'm not sure where it is these days as I stopped carrying a SAK for a long while going back to back pocket carry of larger knives instead.

I am interested in this concept, however it is mostly because I dislike the ring clips loop wearing a hole in my pocket. Belt pouch solved that but it is occasionally awkward in the car. Not a fan of filing the loop off, though. Just difficult I suppose! I like that this seems removable.

25664FB3-E896-4508-8147-3528F73E34B5.jpeg The Ti SAK’s lend themselves to clips. The clips can be removed if you need to use a key chain, hanger, or lanyard. I carry 3 SAK’s, and I clip one and pocket two. One of the pocketed SAK’s is a Money Clip.

I believe forum member chiral.grolim chiral.grolim does the best "clip" job (Imho)
A link to some of my stuff: https://imgur.com/a/gzGsrYt

Some examples, I can do bantams & cadets too but the scales are so thin it makes me nervous. The Bantams and cadets can use the deep-carry clip seen on the Ti-SAKs in the post above but pioneer-sized Alox SAKs cannot due to the pivot-pin placement. I have made a couple attempts at replacing the pins with screws/pillars but it is a pain due to tolerances and different diameters between pivots and pins :p

But anybody i need of a pocket-clip for their Alox SAK is welcome to email me. I am about to place an ad in the sale section with the models i currently have clipped and ready to ship

bBlElrS.jpg
RYeF5I9.jpg
A8qtvmg.jpg
gAYjnnr.jpg
9UtA4g6.jpg
ewIJyXq.jpg
bWI757g.jpg

Some examples, I can do bantams & cadets too but the scales are so thin it makes me nervous. The Bantams and cadets can use the deep-carry clip seen on the Ti-SAKs in the post above but pioneer-sized Alox SAKs cannot due to the pivot-pin placement. I have made a couple attempts at replacing the pins with screws/pillars but it is a pain due to tolerances and different diameters between pivots and pins :p

But anybody i need of a pocket-clip for their Alox SAK is welcome to email me. I am about to place an ad in the sale section with the models i currently have clipped and ready to ship

bBlElrS.jpg
RYeF5I9.jpg
A8qtvmg.jpg
gAYjnnr.jpg
9UtA4g6.jpg
ewIJyXq.jpg
bWI757g.jpg

They also make Great money clips!

Pretty ingenious idea really. Im sure alot of people will find this to be helpful. Not for me though. Most of my SAKs ride nicely at the bottom of my pocket. Those clips on the alox SAKs sure are temping though. They keep with the nice clean looks of the SAK.

bBlElrS.jpg
RYeF5I9.jpg
A8qtvmg.jpg
gAYjnnr.jpg
9UtA4g6.jpg
ewIJyXq.jpg
bWI757g.jpg

Airborne 1 wasn't lying, they are great!

There is one SAK with a stock clip. The SAK money clip.

SAK_0_6540_16__S1.jpg
I've been carrying one of these for 15 years. Actually on my 2nd one, as the first was confiscated by TSA (stupid me, forgot to put in checked bag). The alox scales tend to get scratched up, but they look fine from a distance. This has kept me from needing a secondary EDC, it's so useful. Scissors are usual good SAK quality. I just wish they'd improve that nail file. It totally sucks for nail smoothing. But the pointed tip comes in handy (have actually used it for screw driver duty on a few rare occasions).

Back