Commemorating Horror and Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not accept or tolerate any acts of racism or nazism!

We definitely used these steels, because of the interesting alloys and performance. Nothing more!

Where can you find a damascus blade with 300 or 600 layers of steel, made of 3 different types of steel with a hardness of about 67 HRC???
This is what we are primarily interested in, producing innovative high performance knives.

I guess it would be best to concentrate what this forum is about:
Talking about our common passion:
K-N-I-V-E-S!

I
Some people have nothing better to do. What a waste of time. :(
You might STRONGLY DISAGREE if your ancestors were identified, labeled, hunted, corralled into ghettos and then sent to extermination 'camps' by the people who created the item this knife is made from and HONORING it with it's shield (of honor). While Boker clearly has some identity crisis issues as they also make a Masada knife, which while honoring Jews, Boker does not mention so on their site as they do so in length about the turditz.

Many scholars and survivors of the holocaust actual hold more blame and animosity to those who stood by than those who participated. While there are clearly FAR more pressing and disturbing issues to occupy ones time with. After seeing this knife, I am extremely tempted to remove ALL the Boker knives I very happily own from my collection, to my extreme disappointment. I shall contact Boker and ask them to try to convince me why I should not.

NOT being upset by AND SPEAKING OUT ABOUT
In all the horrible things going on around the world, names of a few knives disturb you?
You see it that way because you want to see it like that. Its like saying all US army helicopters having indians names is wrong. And i seriously doubt Boker was using Nazi names. I would say its just a coincidence.

Some people have nothing better to do. What a waste of time. :(
a firm you patronize greatly when they honor the worst villains in recorded history, let alone recent history would be complacent and enabling.

Not sure
Another ridiculous post by the uninformed...gotta love the gullible "politically correct" propaganda believing sheep.

By the way is the Taliban still making those "axis of evil" daggers? I gotta get me one for the fourth of July!
why you aren't banned for your avatar alone, but being anti nazi is a far cry from politically correct. It's a shame so many of you survived. I guess you wouldn't mind your kid getting polio, or don't like the cell phone Jews invented...

If thus is the case

We definitely used these steels, because of the interesting alloys and performance. Nothing more!

Where can you find a damascus blade with 300 or 600 layers of steel, made of 3 different types of steel with a hardness of about 67 HRC???
This is what we are primarily interested in, producing innovative high performance knives.

K-N-I-V-E-S!
, then why the Tirpitz shield? And why no explanation about the horrors of nazism when selling something named after a Nazi death machine? Are you folks really this oblivious to how offensive this is to any victim of the nazis or holocaust? You don't have a star of David shield on your Massda knife, nor ANY explanation about the amazing story of Masada mountain and the IDF pledge, NEVER AGAIN, yet you do explain in great detail, how amazing the tirpitz was, a bit odd...

K-N-I-V-E-S!
Had you named the knife after the pilots or planes that sunk the tirpitz and put an allied shield or a star of David, I would love to have the knife if it were not honoring the Tirpitz as opposed to it's destruction. Did you even research to see if the metal was originally made by slave labour (as with most nazi machinery) as that probably wouldn't be good for your business even if you are only 're-selling' it...

In all the horrible things going on around the world, names of a few knives disturb you?
You see it that way because you want to see it like that. Its like saying all US army helicopters having indians names is wrong. And i seriously doubt Boker was using Nazi names. I would say its just a coincidence.

He sees it thus way because it is this way.

Naming US choppers after native tribes is a way of honoring such said tribe, albeit, often against their wishes. It is meant to honor tribes that do not, for the most part, have atrocious war crimes associated with their names. Your analogy is inaccurate at best. As far as a coincidence? They salvaged steel from a nazi warship and named the knife after that ship. This is about as opposite of the definition of coincidence as utterly possible.

Sounds like this Malleus guy is looking to get a rise out of people.

I don't think any of bokers knives have anything to do with nazism and making that connection just because they are a German company is alittle racist of you.
Its like saying all blacks are gang bangers because of a few or that all Christians are murders because of the crusades 100's of years ago.

Once again, ignorance never ceases to amaze me...
Calling out nazi worship is the exact OPPOSITE of racism. And while, obviously, most Christians are not murderers, you might understand how a small community who's entire population was decimated by the crusades might still be wary of any religion or religious zealots, Christian or otherwise... And just for the record, there were more than a few (quantity or percentage wise) crusaders, yet another bad analogy...

The Leopard tank can hardly be considered a "Nazi" symbol, as it was(is) a post-war battle tank.

The Swiss dagger was already around in the 15th century.

Anyway, if you think these knives are bad taste, nobody forces you to buy them.

Kind regards,

Jos
And nobody forces you to listen to the now banned op. Hopefully you don't have any problems with folks speaking up against one of their favorite knife makers honoring nazis? Where else should he speak up about this?

The Leopard tank can hardly be considered a "Nazi" symbol, as it was(is) a post-war battle tank.

The Swiss dagger was already around in the 15th century.

Anyway, if you think these knives are bad taste, nobody forces you to buy them.

Kind regards,

Jos
Kind regards to you as well :)

Aside from the obvious inaccuracies mentioned previously, I would just like to say one thing.

I love SS knives.

Now, is that stainless steel knives, or Schutzstaffen knives?
I am sad that you think this is something to 'joke' about or make light of. The band kiss has to change their logo in Israel and Germany because of those very letters. And yes, I cringe at every super sport I see too, what a poor choice of initials.... I guess maybe it takes being a victim to be offended, I truly hope you never have to experience the feeling of seeing signs of people hating you everywhere, just because your ancestors believed in one God over another, if any at all....

I
Would say the closest thing to a coincidence is that the Tirpitz was sunk in Tromso and your name is Tomso....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back