Communication issue resolved !

HELP!!! I purchased a knife from forum member here. I sent him the money ($40) on Friday and have not heard from him since. I try and send emails, and they come back undelivered, but i admit i probably thought his email address was the same as his PayPal address. I agree it has not been a long time, but still frustrating not hearing if I bought the knife or not.

Concerned

Last edited:

Modoc ED

Gold Member
Take it to FEEDBACK: The Good the Bad the Ugly. You sent the money Friday and this is just Monday. Seems you're jumping the gun a bit. Give it a couple more days.

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I just looked. He's got over 100 A+ transactions on Bladeforums.

I'd say he's missed responding to your emails (never appropriate), but ripped off? Hardly.

Sonnydaze

Gold Member
over 100 A+ transactions???

Come on, man. That's what Feedback is for...
He probably took the wkend off with his wife, out of town, and left the damned computer at home.
I know you're anxious, but...but...but...

Drew Riley

Riley Knife and Tool
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Not to mention the post office is closed from Saturday afternoon through to tomorrow. I'd give it another day.

GIZMOMAN

Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions
Platinum Member
Take a breath. Sometimes life happens....Long weekend perhaps..
His rep is solid. If he doesn't contact you in a day or so
Get a Moderator involved

I get your being anxious but dragging a persons name
In here over a $40 knife. Come on. Stay calm.

Last edited:

Gastonknife

Gold Member
Wow ................. way too early to come here with this. It's only been a weekend - you said his PM box was full. He has a good rep. Why would you do this so quickly?? Not cool.

Post office is closed on President's Day. I'd recommend relaxing. If you used PayPal goods and services then you have nothing to worry about even if someone actually does try to scam you. In this case it's only been a couple days. Let him have a few days to get back with you.

martyq

Gold Member
Maybe it has to do with the 9 posts you sent him in two kinda ridiculous.Has 100% feedback. Not everyone trolls Blade forum all day. Some people have a life. Have some patience and be an adult.

Quiet

"That guy"
Gold Member
I think the moderation really needs to start cracking down on all these hysterical "OMG I didn't get an immediate response to my emails and the knife wasn't instantly teleported to my house, THIS DUDE'S A SCAMMER!" posts being started in here lately.

I would certainly agree with all the above. That said, a little communication goes a long way to avoid misunderstandings. Once someone has sent me funds for a knife, I always acknowledge receipt and let the purchaser know I got it, and approx when I intend to ship. That avoids a lot of potential anxiety if it is someone I haven't worked with before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gastonknife

Gold Member
I think the moderation really needs to start cracking down on all these hysterical "OMG I didn't get an immediate response to my emails and the knife wasn't instantly teleported to my house, THIS DUDE'S A SCAMMER!" posts being started in here lately.

No kidding. And the fact that this appears to be dealing with a $40 knife makes a complete lack of patience even more hard to understand.
OP - why would you be posting here after just one working day in reality? Friday to Monday. You've been here a year; seems like you should know to at least give the guy a few more days. And then to out the seller on GBU......just wow.
Now, it would be proper etiquette for the seller to give you some kind of communication by now. I understand that. But, to think rip off so soon.....yikes

OMG...THE OP POSTED 5 HOURS AGO AND HASN'T BEEN BACK!
HAS ANYONE CALLED THE PD, FD, PARAMEDICS YET? HE HAS TO BE IN SERIOUS DANGER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, you guys are rough here. I am not trying to drag anyone's name down. I understand he has a 100+ good feedback results, and I do get anxious at times. I apologize if I said something wrong about him, not my intention today I got my third notice that all of my emails to him since Friday, have been unable to be delivered. Maybe you are right , he may have taken a long weekend and shut down email.His PM's may be full, and not his fault. I get a little worried. Please accept my apology for jumping the gun. I will demonstrate some patience and wait till weeks end and then go from there. Thanks for the imput, good and bad!

brancron

Gold Member
I see it differently from most people above. Once someone sends you money, you as a seller have a duty to acknowledge payment and let them know exactly when you plan on shipping (and then following up with them on tracking info when you do so). If he can't ship until Tuesday, that is perfectly fine, but the seller must let the buyer know this. Keeping the buyer in the dark for even 24 hours is unacceptable.

Foghorn Leghorn Fan

Platinum Member
marlington22, As you note you may have jumped the gun, here is a a suggestion: Change the thread title to something like communication issue, and take the members BF name out of the thread and leave it as "a member here", then sit back and wait a day or two.