• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Communication issue resolved !

It may have been a poor title, but I think what he is asking is for a way to contact the seller, since the seller hasn't contacted him. As he said PM full and E mails returning. I really don't know the answer. Without getting a mod. involved the only thing you might do is post in the thread that the PM is full. The seller should have contacted you after receiving the money, but I highly doubt this won't end just fine(no rip off)
I may be wrong, but I feel it is a bit early to bother a mod. with this-good chance you might hear from seller Tues after he mails the item. If you don't hear from the seller in a couple days contact a mod. I believe they can override the full PM and get a message to him.

Last edited:
I see it differently from most people above. Once someone sends you money, you as a seller have a duty to acknowledge payment and let them know exactly when you plan on shipping (and then following up with them on tracking info when you do so). If he can't ship until Tuesday, that is perfectly fine, but the seller must let the buyer know this. Keeping the buyer in the dark for even 24 hours is unacceptable.

I agree with this but also say you jumped the gun, especially throwing his name out there. Should have left it anonymous for the thread. I feel your concern and 40$ or 400$ I always send a confirmation saying I received the payment and I expect the same when I make a purchase. I'd say with his feedback your in safe hands and not to worry. I'd also edit the post and remove his BF name and maybe even send him a little apology for jumping the gun once everything is cleared up. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG...THE OP POSTED 5 HOURS AGO AND HASN'T BEEN BACK!
HAS ANYONE CALLED THE PD, FD, PARAMEDICS YET? HE HAS TO BE IN SERIOUS DANGER!

This is funny S$#@

I have no problem apologizing for any harm I may have caused his name in this forum. I was upset and concerned that I had made a mistake. I will talk to him, if I get a response from him.

I have no problem apologizing for any harm I may have caused his name in this forum. I was upset and concerned that I had made a mistake. I will talk to him, if I get a response from him.

I think you got ripped enough from the comments man. You jumped the gun and just tried voicing your concern. You can tell by your responses that you didn't do it to purposely try to shame the the guy.

I think you got ripped enough from the comments man. You jumped the gun and just tried voicing your concern. You can tell by your responses that you didn't do it to purposely try to shame the the guy.

Thanks for the support, some of those members are quick to jump on me. I have a bad feeling about this transaction . I will wait a week and see what happens

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He was on this morning. Has he made contact with you yet? Was he sent a link to this thread? Did you ask for a moderator to reach out to them (not that I would have done this myself at this point)? While I don't necessarily agree with how you pursued this I would think he would have communicated with you by now (even if was to simply to return your money).

He was on this morning. Has he made contact with you yet? Was he sent a link to this thread? Did you ask for a moderator to reach out to them (not that I would have done this myself at this point)? While I don't necessarily agree with how you pursued this I would think he would have communicated with you by now (even if was to simply to return your money).
He has made no contact with me, I can't PM him, his box is full, I have no email address , I feel helpless, that is why I lashed out the way I did. I really want the knife, I have been looking for that specific knife for a time now , and when it came up , I jumped quickly and payed for it before anyone beat me to it, only to be left in the dark with no communication what so ever.

If it's the same seller, it appears that he has not posted on the forums for several days for whatever reason. (Last post on 2/17) Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

In these days of instant communication, I have seen people fussing because a seller didn't respond in 30 seconds. While I agree that the seller should communicate with the buyer, sometimes things get in the way.

I recommend that the OP does not buy things on eBay. Sometimes you never hear from the seller.

You know what really makes me mad- when anyone here lists a knife for sale, they want payment right away-I can't say
I'll take it and then not respond for three days with payment, but it is alright for the seller to not respond after he has his payment?
I understand that situations happen, but in this day and age, with all the technology,you can't just say I am out of town for few or something of that nature? I get raked over the coals for being left in the dark after payment was made within 3 hours of the listing ...that's fair?

In my experience, 99% of sellers provide confirmation of purchase/shipping in a timely manner. As for the 1%, there were extenuating circumstances or the seller didn't care. Its rare but it happens.

In answer to UffDa, on Ebay, if a seller does not answer at all, like you stated, he starts to get negative feedback and sooner or later people see this and won't buy from that seller, so the buyer has some leverage there. If buy on EBay, and the seller doesn't respond, why would I give positive feedback ?

If I don't hear from him by end of week or receive the knife, I will contact a moderator. End of discussion.

Some sellers don't send their next message until it has been shipped-not saying this is best, especially when item isn't immediately shipped, but it is what they do(less chatty I suppose)
Your problem really is the full PM box. He is most likely totally unaware you have been trying to contact him. While not necessarily right some might not give a lot of thought to a $40 sale. With almost 100 transactions it isn't likely he is going to not send a $40 item.
Possible answer to communication problem-Go to his profile and leave a visitor message(something simple like please contact me, your pm mail box is full)

Wouldn't you think that he might want to check the thread by now and see if anyone DID IN FACT BUY THE KNIFE? I left him 4 messages on the thread site indicating that I had not heard anything from him. I mean, if I took the time to list a knife, I sure would want to know by now if someone offered to buy it. Besides, paypal always sends you an email when money has been deposited in your account-wouldn't he have been notified by now-unless he wasn't able to check that either. I just don't know

I know it's easier said then done but try to exercise some self control. Calm and collective will go a long way into bringing the focus on the seller, which I believe is your intent.

Back