• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Communication issue resolved !

Wouldn't you think that he might want to check the thread by now and see if anyone DID IN FACT BUY THE KNIFE? I left him 4 messages on the thread site indicating that I had not heard anything from him. I mean, if I took the time to list a knife, I sure would want to know by now if someone offered to buy it. Besides, paypal always sends you an email when money has been deposited in your account-wouldn't he have been notified by now-unless he wasn't able to check that either. I just don't know

It looks like he hasn't logged in for a few days.

Wouldn't you think that he might want to check the thread by now and see if anyone DID IN FACT BUY THE KNIFE? I left him 4 messages on the thread site indicating that I had not heard anything from him. I mean, if I took the time to list a knife, I sure would want to know by now if someone offered to buy it. Besides, paypal always sends you an email when money has been deposited in your account-wouldn't he have been notified by now-unless he wasn't able to check that either. I just don't know

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did he provide you with his PayPal info or did you just assume the email listed in his add was his PayPal and send funds without confirmation from him that it was still available for sale?

The email listed was his PayPal only, not his regular email. PayPal confirmed he did receive the money. I thought it was his email, but all emails sent to that address were returned to me. I wanted the knife and sent the money to ensure I would get the knife.

Did he provide you with his PayPal info or did you just assume the email listed in his add was his PayPal and send funds without confirmation from him that it was still available for sale?

That wouldn't bee good. My email here and my paypal are different.

I finally figured that when all my emails were returned to that email. His PM box is full

The email listed was his PayPal only, not his regular email. PayPal confirmed he did receive the money. I thought it was his email, but all emails sent to that address were returned to me. I wanted the knife and sent the money to ensure I would get the knife.

So you never actually had contact with the seller, and just sent the money-not a good move. He could have sold it through a different forum, or PM if it was working then. You have to wait for contact. Since you didn't have contact then , it is no wonder you don't now. Hopefully you will get this cleared up, but don't do that in the future.
There also may be a way to contact him through PP-can't remember

The reason I asked was I was speculating that someone could have claimed it via PM and he sold it and shipped it to that person and never returned to the for sale post afterwards.

I just saw your post after I posted this.... you were thinking the same thing.

I never thought of that, but if that happened, and he is the reputable forum member everyone says he is, wouldn't he contact me and say that he sold it and return the money?

If he wasn't expecting another payment, he may not have noticed yet that he got paid.

I never thought of that, but if that happened, and he is the reputable forum member everyone says he is, wouldn't he contact me and say that he sold it and return the money?

I believe he will make you whole - It may just be me but PP doesn't always send me a message and sometimes when they do it is blank. You need to speak to him and sort this out. Now how to get there.

Since you did post in the sales thread about sending funds, the seller could have responded to those posts.

Also, it is unlikely for the PayPal email address to bounce, since that's where PayPal sends important communication, including account reset emails, payment sent/received emails, etc.. While it is likely to have a separate communications and PayPal email (I do to), it is highly unlikely to have a dysfunctional PayPal email address. So, how do you know it was his PayPal email address?.

I got a receipt from pa u pal saying I sent him money, and I called PayPal and talked to someone and they verified that it was his PayPal address.

I starting to think he may have sold it elsewhere and never bothered to check the forum account

Back