Recommendation? Compact fixed blade for EDC?

So my current EDC is Drop Forged Hunter and it's absolutley great, but summer is coming, so there will be lighter clothing on me, and I'll also have smaller pockets. And that knife is also not very light at slightly over 200 grams.
And without my jacket or anything I'll need more pocket space for my stuff too...

So, can it possibly be done by just buying C-clip so I can have more carrying options than keeping it in my pocket?
I mean I intend to buy one anyways.

But I have my eye on Boker Plus GoBag. It's cheap, around 3.1inch long (79mm long blade), very light and easy to conceal and comes with decent sheath.
It comes in D2 steel which is decent, decently tough, good wear resistance and edge retention, and even has some corrosion resistance which is a good thing considering I'll mostly carry it during summer.

Do you have any reccomendation which would suit the task? Or you think that GoBag is a good choice? Or maybe you think that with C-clip and some adjustments Drop Forged Hunter can be my companion during summer too?

I'm looking for knife which is:
Under $60 or 50€
Fixed blade
Not over 10.5cm or 4 inch long blade
Not over 20cm long in total (about 8 inches?)
Lightweight
Handle is normal, not rounded
Has a guard (internet bombards me with Puukko's)
Has a decent steel

What would you do on my place?
Sorry for long post :D

I carry a SS Izula every day.
Tqt62UY.jpg

For something smaller, I'd look at the Esee CR 2.5.

Easy fit in a pocket sheath or kydex around the neck or crossdraw.

Check out the KaBar wrench knife too - that's just about perfect, considering your other daily carry.

Manly Patriot would be my choice.
I'm looking at Manly Patriot too, I like it's size, I like it's steel choice, price is good, but what concerns me with it is the handle, while it is long enough, is pretty much just straight with only a minimal guard, so I could see my hand slipping on the blade.

I'm considering Becker Eskabar, it is a bit out of my intended price range, but 1095CV is a good steel, handle is long enough and the shape of it is good.

Boker GoBag has awesome price, I like D2 as steel choice too, but handle is on the small side.

I will most likley buy C-clip and try more carrying options with my Forged Hunter before making decision to buy anything. Because I like everything about that knife, 52100 steel, 5mm blade thickness, long and wide but still not thick handle which allows me to conceal it, but is still fairly beefy. Handle is also made in such way it won't roll in my hand when I use it to chop something (I did test it out :D )
I'm kinda picky here, but I mean, I'm buying something I'll most likley carry often, so I don't wanna be uncomfortable :)

You won't be doing much chopping with the Patriot or Eskabar.

I'm as big of a fanboi of the BK14 Eskabar as anyone, but I have small hands and a 3.75" handle gives me a 4-finger grip.

It's basically the same formula as your Drop Forged blade, but just a scaled down version (7", 4mm thick, etc)

I think it's quite heavy as a neck knife and wouldn't be my choice in that type of carry daily.

Crossdraw at 12:00 for me is the best open carry method and pocket sheath for concealed.

Depends if you have pockets or wear a belt most / all of the time.

A Mora 546 in Sandvik stainless and a kydex sheath could be an excellent summer beater knife. Super ergonomic and secure handle and a great point / tip.

I use one to brain fish on my boat, before putting them on ice.

Super cheap too!

A Mora Robust would be a pretty cool carbon steel option, as well:

Seems like you can beat on this all you want, without worry.

I like the Real Steel Receptor for around the same price. It's easy to carry and very comfortable in hand. The overall size and shape have made it my favorite EDC fixed blade. Versus the Chinese D2 on the GoBag, I'm fine with 9Cr18Mov. When done well, 9Cr18Mov holds a reasonable edge and is very resistant to corrosion. (For even more resistance, you can get the blackwash version pictured below.)

Real-Steel-Receptor-Neck-Knife-Black-G-10-Black-SW-RS3550-BHQ-81635-jr.jpg

You won't be doing much chopping with the Patriot or Eskabar.

I'm as big of a fanboi of the BK14 Eskabar as anyone, but I have small hands and a 3.75" handle gives me a 4-finger grip.

It's basically the same formula as your Drop Forged blade, but just a scaled down version (7", 4mm thick, etc)

I think it's quite heavy as a neck knife and wouldn't be my choice in that type of carry daily.

Crossdraw at 12:00 for me is the best open carry method and pocket sheath for concealed.

Depends if you have pockets or wear a belt most / all of the time.

A Mora 546 in Sandvik stainless and a kydex sheath could be an excellent summer beater knife. Super ergonomic and secure handle and a great point / tip.

I use one to brain fish on my boat, before putting them on ice.

Super cheap too!
Well yeah, they are kinda short for chopping... :D

I usually carry my current EDC in my front pocket, and my shirt falls over that small part of the handle which is peeking out.
Here Mora has a benefit of being much lighter, and it's also cheaper so I wouldn't really care even if I break it (but I doubt I would considering all it survived on torture tests :D )
But thing with Mora is the handle a bit on big side, and the sheath is kinda large too, it's total lenght is almoust the same as my current EDC, but it still takes more volume because it's handle and sheath are rounded and wider.

But I will most likley buy one just to always have it in my car.
As for EDC, I'll see what C-clip will do for me, my current EDC could as well be my EDC during summer too, considering the fact I keep coming back to similar sized knives while I already own one and it serves me well.

Not sure what decent steel is to you, but the CRKT Hunt'n Fisch is a great design, albeit the blade steel is only acceptable at best, if CRKT got the heat treat right on the one you get (supposedly it's spotty). I really liked mine, the handle is fantastic and it has a great design. Really wish a more reputable manufacturer ran with the design, but the price is right about what you're looking at and the stock crossdraw sheath give you your pocket space.

don't forget buck's classic 101 - the fixed blade version of the folder that started it all, the 110
only 145g (or 5.1 oz) which includes really sturdy brass bolsters

the base model is 420hc, which is very stainless and a joy to sharpen (there are some others available from time to time esp from c&c)
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2J1Y2svaW1hZ2VzL0JVMDEwMUJSU18xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjogeyJyZXNpemUiOiB7IndpZHRoIjogNTQ1LCJoZWlnaHQiOiA0MTUsImZpdCI6ICJjb250YWluIiwiYmFja2dyb3VuZCI6IHsiciI6IDI1NSwiZyI6IDI1NSwiYiI6IDI1NSwiYWxwaGEiOiAxfX19fQ==

Back