Companion Description Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
This is a basic post designed to provide information about the Companion, not a discussion thread. It is locked for that reason, and will be updated as needed.

If you'd like to order a Companion, please email me at evansknifeandtool@gmail.com or reply in the most current sales thread in the Exchange.

*********I'm currently on the third run of Companions. If you are landing here, please view THIS THREAD for the newest sales thread. This thread will remain locked.********

I've carried one for a few months now and I have to say, I love it. It has never failed and has always done what I've asked of it. What more can you ask from a Companion?

But don't take my word for it! (How's that for cliche?) Here are what some of the guys from the first run are saying about it......

herisson
....I finally get a necker that combines lightweight and cutting power. The ergonomic and handfilling handle allows for some real cutting work... at a necker weight.....That little big knife is sharper than a razor and so swift, watch them fingers!

slims_88
I always have a gripe about a knife, my biggest one with this, is it wasn't made sooner.

bloody_pawprint
It's a nice EDC because it's lightweight, slim, but every bit as capable as any of the other knives I carry, if not more. I usually carry three knives, and I found this one being my default "go to" when I needed to grab one. It's just comfortable, and sharp enough to cut anything I would put in front of it (I'll add I'm not a master sharpener by any means, but I keep my EDC knives pretty darn sharp). Out of the box, this one stands right up next to all the others I use. This knife is a user, and that's the way I like 'em.

bretlacoe
This is a great knife! The quality is as good or better than what I'd expect from a high end production knife. I couldn't make up my mind so I got the G-10 and the carbon fiber scales - they both look great on the knife so you can't go wrong with either of them. I'm pretty picky when it comes to knife quality but I have nothing bad to say about this one. Get one while you can, you won't be disappointed!

Hale Storm
Beautifully designed, highly functional, Mid-Tech fixed blades in S35VN with G10 for less than a C-note. Wow!

Here is a great three part review by Ed G:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1334425-Review-EK-amp-T-Companion-Part-I

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1334431-Review-EK-amp-T-Companion-Part-II

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1334434-Review-EK-amp-T-Companion-Part-III

It is my goal to have the best warranty of any knife you own. I already have the best customers in the world, I want to give back to all of you with the best warranty in the world.

To that end, this is my warranty:
If it breaks I will repair or replace it at no cost, for as long as I'm making knives. **No matter what.** The guarantee follows the knife. If it has my signature on the blade, it's covered.

Specs:

OAL: 6"
Handle: 3.125"
Tip to scales: 2.875"
Cutting edge 2.75"
Blade height: 0.75"
Thickness: 0.56"
Stock thickness: 0.125"
HRc: 57-58

Price List:
Black G10, Orange G10, standard: $84 Standard colors only come with one set of scales. I made a mistake, but hopefully next run I will have some orange scales to offer as extras. This takes effect as of now, 0730 10/13/2015.

Ghost Jade, Blue, Red, Purple Scales: $10 per set. Order your favorite color, or two or more colors if you can't decide! I'll install the color you want, and include the black scales in a little baggie in the box.

Carbon Fiber: $35. Last run they sold out before I even put the knife up and this run some are already spoken for. If you want more from life, and want your knife to be different than everyone else's, you need carbon fiber. They make the knife dead sexy.

Box signed inside: $250 Hey, it's an investment. I might be famous some day and it could be worth a lot of money. You might be able to retire to Florida, or at least Ohio on that signature........or I'll just sign it for free. Your choice. Feel free to give me $275 dollars for it though. See, you should have gotten it when it was only $250. It's already worth more. That's how fast these things can take off........
***SECOND RUN UPDATE: Signatures are now $328 as of this morning's close of markets. I couldn't have predicted how dollar to EKT signature conversion rate has skyrocketed. Makes the days of $250 signatures seem pretty sweet, huh?***

Email or reply to this thread are preferred. Sometimes pm doesn't go through. Time stamp is the determining factor no matter the way I receive your order.

Standard shipping is $7 domestic, international get in touch with me and we'll figure something out. I've sent knives to Germany and France so far. It's doable and took barely over domestic shipping time to get to France. I know, I know......I couldn't believe it either.

Carbon Fiber
IMG_3013.JPG

Orange G10
IMG_3017.JPG

Red G10
IMG_3022.JPG

Ghost Jade G10
IMG_3019.JPG

Blue G10
IMG_3021.JPG

Purple G10
IMG_3018.JPG

Black G10
IMG_3020.JPG

Sheathed with Key Chain Fob
IMG_3023.JPG

0918151740.jpg

This Companion has upgraded carbon fiber scales. Black G10 is standard, but any upgraded colors also come with the black scales in a little baggie, like shown.
0918151741.jpg

0918151741b.jpg

Dog tag/key chain/mini key/flat head screwdriver.
0918151742a.jpg

0918151742b.jpg

0918151743.jpg

0918151743a.jpg

0918151743b.jpg

0918151743c.jpg

0918151743d.jpg

By the way, that isn't a generic font signature. That's my actual signature. Every knife I sell has my signature on it. If my name's on it, I back it up.
0918151744.jpg

Sharp, right out of the box, like a knife should be.
0918151745.jpg

Check out this thread for more user pictures. My personal rescue version is in there as well, so you will know what the orange looks like.

EK&T Companion Pictures

There is a great cutting test on my subforum as well. Spoiler alert, it involves 500 cuts of 1/4" manila rope.....

Companion Cutting Test

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back