Companion EDC Cutting Test

kfalk, you must be really excited to get one.

Mine's shipping out tomorrow. I'll post pics when it arrives for you.

Lovely knife, and a great idea for a working knife. Are you planning t make and models with larger handles?

Lovely knife, and a great idea for a working knife. Are you planning t make and models with larger handles?
I have a camp knife with similar ergos coming out next year, about 10" overall, but as far as a slightly larger version of this knife, not at the moment.

I like this little knife a lot... just because of the pattern. The uber/super cutting ability, then, is the amazing cherry on the cake, of course... I'm in for one of these, I'd just like to know steel, dimensions, materials, that kind of stuff and do you ship to France ? (I know : Aaargh !). No worries.

I like this little knife a lot... just because of the pattern. The uber/super cutting ability, then, is the amazing cherry on the cake, of course... I'm in for one of these, I'd just like to know steel, dimensions, materials, that kind of stuff and do you ship to France ? (I know : Aaargh !). No worries.

Specs:

OAL: 6"
Handle: 3.125"
Tip to scales: 2.875"
Cutting edge 2.75"
Blade height: 0.75"
Thickness: 0.56"
Stock thickness: 0.125"
HRc: 57-58
Steel: S35VN

I can ship to France no problem. Shipped one to Germany last week. You don't have email enabled, please email me, evansknifeandtool@gmail.com and we'll figure out the details.

E-mail sent. I'm a slow typer... or thinker...

Brian I want to give you some props. First you made what seems like a great knife, then you put in the work of getting it out there! Awesome pics and awesome thread. You seem to me like an example of someone who busts their butt to become a success and everyone wonders how they did it.

Keep it up man and I think you're going to be something special. Oh, and sweet knife too.

Just for you kfalk, my Companion showed up today.

Here it is with all the other knives I had on me today.

Looks good! Love the size - how you liking it after a month of carry?

I love it! Lightweight to carry, but cuts like that big ass ZT in the bottom of my pic. For it's size, it really is the perfect EDC knife.

I love it! Lightweight to carry, but cuts like that big ass ZT in the bottom of my pic. For it's size, it really is the perfect EDC knife.
Dude, great post. Thank you for the kind words. You were one of the early adopters of a Companion and as such you are one of the guys with the longest carry time. Keep updating us on how you like it as you carry it.

Also, I'm using quoting you in my next sale post. I love that it cuts like a big ass ZT. Lol

Dude, great post. Thank you for the kind words. You were one of the early adopters of a Companion and as such you are one of the guys with the longest carry time. Keep updating us on how you like it as you carry it.

Also, I'm using quoting you in my next sale post. I love that it cuts like a big ass ZT. Lol

LOL. Won't be the first time you've used me in a sales post! If I like something, I am more than happy to share the good experiences so people know it's a solid product.

Can I call in on the first run of your next model? Or is that getting too prematue?

LOL. Won't be the first time you've used me in a sales post! If I like something, I am more than happy to share the good experiences so people know it's a solid product.

Can I call in on the first run of your next model? Or is that getting too prematue?
Well, that's true I guess.....but you just say so many awesome things! Lol

And, it might be a bit premature but I'm totally writing it down in my leather bound book of stuff to remember.

Well, that's true I guess.....but you just say so many awesome things! Lol

And, it might be a bit premature but I'm totally writing it down in my leather bound book of stuff to remember.

:D

Hopefully the next release comes with red scales as well!

This is an old thread, but I've been sitting here about to order on on indiego and wondering why the edge isn't originally 30 dps?

Back