Company Info / F.A.Q.

Who are you?
We are Olamic Cutlery, founded 10/10/10. We make semi-custom to custom handmade hunting knives in Russia, where we have a small operation. U.S.-made expansion is in the near future. All posts will be done by me, Eugene Solomonik, the co-founder.

Where are you?
We are based and ship out of San Jose, CA. If you are local, feel free to set up a viewing appointment. I can travel to meet you somewhere too (within reasonable driving distance).

What steel do you use?
At the moment, the knives are predominantly High Carbon Vanadium Damascus, forged from a proprietary mix of 4 steels. Steel composition charts available.

How can I get one?
Below is a list of our current dealers. In addition, there will be an on-going thread in this forum with directly available knives. The company website is currently going through changes, but we will eventually sell certain models there as well.

What payment methods do you accept?
Credit Card over phone (Visa/MC/Discover), PayPal, Money Order, Cashier's Check, Cash if we meet in person.

What's included with a knife?
Each knife is stamped with a unique four digit serial ID. That ID links it to a hand-signed certificate of authenticity, and product literature. Each knife comes with a stitched and riveted leather belt loop sheath.

What about shipping?
Shipping is FREE via USPS Priority Mail w/ confirmation, tracking, insurance.

Is there a warranty?
Yes. The warranty is Lifetime for the life of the knife, regardless of who originally purchased it. The knife itself is proof of ownership.

Will you be at any shows?
Yes! We are currently booked for the Knifemakers Invitational in Vegas (Jan 20-22), Oregon Knife Collectors in Eugene, OR (April 14-15), SoCal Blades Knife Expo in Pasadena, CA (March 23-25), Blade Show in Atlanta, GA (June 8-10).

Can I become a dealer?
Of course! Send me a PM and we can talk details.

Dealer List as of 01/02/12
Arizona Custom Knives
Nordic Knives
World Knives LTD
Art Knives
Fort Henry Custom Knives
Sonoran Desert Knives
Knife Purveyor
Kizlyar Knives Australia

Other Links
Facebook Page
YouTube Page (see how the knives are made!)
Main Website (***UNDER CONSTRUCTION***)

Olamic-Damascus-Logo.jpg

Last edited:
I'm impressed with what I've seen. I'd not heard of Olamic Cutlery until just now. I look forward to owning one...or several :)

I'm impressed with what I've seen. I'd not heard of Olamic Cutlery until just now. I look forward to owning one...or several :)

Thank you! I'm currently working on the available knives thread... Next up is testimonial from current users/collectors/dealers thread... more info coming soon! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them here. Cheers!

Nice knives.
Would be interesting to mention what you consider "normal use" like cutting meat or whittling (probably) and what is considered non-normal use like chopping bones (probably).

Was curious about the avg price range on your products, especially those persians, man are they sweet!

Back