Compstastrophe

Mrs. Big Chris

I recently submitted my comprehensive exams for my doctorate. After 30 days, I received my scores. One of my professors passed me. She said she had no concerns whatsoever with my submission. The other professor sent me an email saying if it was up to him, he would have failed me.

I was shocked. Academics have always been my thing. So, not only has Big Chris spent the last few weeks preparing for his cutting competition, he has been helping me get my act together.

Yesterday, he finally said, "Quit crying and rewrite your paper or drop out." I love how sensitive he is. I will be rewriting my paper this weekend. If you need any life coaching, or a knife made, Big Chris is your guy!

Mrs. Chris I had a professor that reminds me of your professor and we continually butted heads. He was very arrogant so I know what you are going through. He told me once he had washed me out of the cardio-pulmonary program. Think of this professor and Big Chris' advice like this; this is a test. Are you tough enough to hear your not the right material to have your doctorates and then show them that you are. Sometimes people will test you to see what you are made of. I'm willing to bet you aren't the only one to get the same email. This is just a test and only a test. Big Chris is cutting through all the BS and showing you the only two options you have. If he really thought you might quit he wouldn't have said that. He knows what your made of and challenged you. Don't doubt yourself for even a minute. You got this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Academics can be surprising rough and difficult people. Hang in there and keep plugging away at it.
After all this work going backwards is not an option. :thumbup:

Academics can be surprising rough and difficult people. Hang in there and keep plugging away at it.
After all this work going backwards is not an option. :thumbup:

Great Post.
I agree 100%.
Thanks

It may be tough, but in the end it will make you a better, stronger person. :thumbup::thumbup: Go for it!!

Thanks everyone.

I am glad to say that after an extensive revision, I resubmitted and I have now passed my comprehensive exams. Hopefully, in 18 months, I will be Dr. Mrs. Big Chris, lol.

That is awesome!!! Way to hang in there and get it done!! That professor can eat his words now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, and good luck with your dissertation! I'm finishing up my Masters next month, and I think that's going to be the last degree for a while.

Back