Concealed carry recommendations

Another question has come to me on this matter. If IWB is how you carry, does either the holster or the pistol tend to get cold against your skin if you have to be outside for long periods of time in the winter?

I use kydex iwb holsters year round with no problems. My job is mostly outside and I've never noticed the gun or holster getting uncomfortably warm or cold.

The opinions of others have been considered, the show is in town, and the winner of the selection at the beginning of this thread is the Glock 26. In some strange twist of fate there was only one at the entire show, making it a very lucky pick.

Runners up for selection were the Glock 43 and the S&W 642, which there were several of.

Other handguns that were of interest are a Beretta 21A Bobcat, and a S&W Model 10-5, both around $400.

Final day report. First and foremost, a lot of the new knives at the show were way overpriced.

Second, I picked up the Beretta Bobcat. Ballistically inferior to the LCP, but I wanted it regardless.

Headed out to the shooting area to test both the Glock and the Beretta out and see if my purchases were worthwhile. The Glock 26, at least to me, feels like it has less recoil than the LCP, despite being a 9mm as opposed to a .380 ACP. Although the Glock trigger is still kinda rough on my finger, even after just a few magazines being run through it.

The Beretta got returned based on results that were had. My particular example didn't particularly care for the CCI ammo I had available for testing it, making it a less than viable option for consideration.

Back