Concealed Gun Holster

Okay so I ordered both the belt thingy in the OP as well as the clip. I have to admit they are both solid.

The belt is definitely something I am much more likely to use when it's colder, that said it's make of almost like a spandex material. Now I've never worn a girdle before since I'm a dude, but I would assume it's kinda like that. Like you notice it is there, but it's kinda like my spandex material thermals that I hunt with. Overall I'd give it about a 7.

The clip thing is just amazing. Keep in mind the LC9s only weighs in at 17 ounces, heck my phone with case weighs in at close to 10. Overall I think I'm pretty happy with this clip. I think my preferred carry method with it will be IWB as in the pocket it just seems to kinda glide out when sitting down and isn't truly concealed. The picture though is in the pocket just to give you guys an idea of pocket drag, which I would say is very minimal. Now maybe it's the ergos of the gun combined with the well thought out placement of the clip, but i definitely do not even feel it when I have my hand on the weapon what so ever, it is completely out of the way.

9q1beoV.jpg

9xYYIAl.jpg

However it has been my experience where I live that I tend to get different answers from different police officers when asked.
That is why you don't ask LEOs about the law and why you don't hire LEOs to represent you in court and why LEOs don't sit on the bench presiding over court.

The main problem I see is, is no where in the entire statue that I have been able to find does it actually come out and specifically say, a CCP holder can carry a loaded handgun.
Criminal codes/law rarely state what is allowed excepting the rare exceptions to what a code/law specifically states is illegal. Instead, criminal codes/law state what is prohibited and penalties for violating those prohibitions. If the law does not prohibit doing something, it is not illegal.

Last edited:
I live in the Lowcountry of SC and have never sweat so much in my life as I do here during the summer! I switched to a smaller pistol (Kahr CM9) and I carry it in a Galco Stow and Go. The "leather" doesn't soak up as much sweat as I thought it would and I wipe my pistol down every night. I tried the plastic holsters but found them just too uncomfortable - they don't give or mold to you, so you have to mold to them, and for those of us with a little more padding that's just not going to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is why you don't ask LEOs about the law and why you don't hire LEOs to represent you in court and why LEOs don't sit on the bench presiding over court.

Criminal codes/law rarely state what is allowed excepting the rare exceptions to what a code/law specifically states is illegal. Instead, criminal codes/law state what is prohibited and penalties for violating those prohibitions. If the law does not prohibit doing something, it is not illegal.

The first is a lesson I learned a long time ago, which is exactly why I ask the local leos. When you live in a rural area like I do, there are only so many of them, so I like to get an idea on their interpretation of the law before I find myself in a situation where they are giving to me and I'm having to wait for a judge to decide who is right or wrong.

I live in the Lowcountry of SC and have never sweat so much in my life as I do here during the summer! I switched to a smaller pistol (Kahr CM9) and I carry it in a Galco Stow and Go. The "leather" doesn't soak up as much sweat as I thought it would and I wipe my pistol down every night. I tried the plastic holsters but found them just too uncomfortable - they don't give or mold to you, so you have to mold to them, and for those of us with a little more padding that's just not going to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll tell ya what Charlie, I'm really really liking this clip. I had tried a few leather holsters before and found them to be too heavy and hot as you mentioned with all the sweat and like you say the plastic ones just dig into your damned sides. The clip though basically turns the gun into a deep carry pocket knife and I am finding it extremely comfortable.

The first is a lesson I learned a long time ago, which is exactly why I ask the local leos. When you live in a rural area like I do, there are only so many of them, so I like to get an idea on their interpretation of the law before I find myself in a situation where they are giving to me and I'm having to wait for a judge to decide who is right or wrong.
Again, don't ask an LEO. Ask a lawyer in the jurisdiction who is well versed in the jurisdiction's gun laws.

Again, don't ask an LEO. Ask a lawyer in the jurisdiction who is well versed in the jurisdiction's gun laws.

I've ask some Leo's some questions about laws and I really never got a straight yes or no answer. I agree with asking a lawyer.

My crossbreed minituck arrived yesterday and I have not taken it off. It's super comfortable and I forgot I was wearing it half way through the day. It's very nice to finally be able to sit and stand repeatedly without even really feeling there is a gun there. I can't say good enough things about this holster.

Last edited:
For those that pocket carry, what about the Desantis N38, Nemesis holster? Reviews for it are overwhelmingly positive on a certain big river retailer, but that only tells so much.

Folks I find myself in need of some help on this matter. For about a year now I've been carrying my LCP in an Active Pro Gear cargo holster, which lets me carry a spare magazine right behind the gun. At first it was a little weird when getting used to it, but anymore I don't even notice it.

Today I changed up the formula and I'm now carrying my Glock 26 in the same style holster, built for the larger frame. It's not really uncomfortable riding against my hip despite the increased bulk, but it's hurting my back and off side, and making my belt press up harder against my back as a result.

I understand that this is more or less because I'm not accustomed to the increased weight, because I went through the same thing when I started EDCing my Becker BK9. But is there a way to mitigate things so it's not so uncomfortable?

Charlie, are you using a solid gun belt? Maybe loosen it up one notch. The difference in the comfort level probably has less to do with the weight and more due to the thickness increase of the gun.

Charlie, are you using a solid gun belt? Maybe loosen it up one notch. The difference in the comfort level probably has less to do with the weight and more due to the thickness increase of the gun.

The belt I'm using is more of a work belt than anything else. It's made by Faded Glory, and it's constructed like the sheath of an Ontario brand knife from a layer of cordura, and a layer of leather on top of it. It's proven to be quite durable, and has withstood several years of EDCing a BK9 and similar weighted knives without being stretched out of shape.

Yesterday I took out the spare magazine the holster carries, and the difference in comfort that came from that little bit of weight was significant.

Folks I find myself in need of some help on this matter. For about a year now I've been carrying my LCP in an Active Pro Gear cargo holster, which lets me carry a spare magazine right behind the gun. At first it was a little weird when getting used to it, but anymore I don't even notice it.

Today I changed up the formula and I'm now carrying my Glock 26 in the same style holster, built for the larger frame. It's not really uncomfortable riding against my hip despite the increased bulk, but it's hurting my back and off side, and making my belt press up harder against my back as a result.

I understand that this is more or less because I'm not accustomed to the increased weight, because I went through the same thing when I started EDCing my Becker BK9. But is there a way to mitigate things so it's not so uncomfortable?
Charlie, I was getting a sore back using a Galco Summer Classic with my 642 and a Hanks Amish belt. I bought a 5-11 instructor belt and another Kusiak holster for my Sig P938. I can't say how long these holsters will last but for $45 dollars it's well worth it for comfort. The nylon belt was a big win for me because my weight is up and down and the belt has infinite adjustment. I find a web belt to be more forgiving than leather.

Charlie, I was getting a sore back using a Galco Summer Classic with my 642 and a Hanks Amish belt. I bought a 5-11 instructor belt and another Kusiak holster for my Sig P938. I can't say how long these holsters will last but for $45 dollars it's well worth it for comfort. The nylon belt was a big win for me because my weight is up and down and the belt has infinite adjustment. I find a web belt to be more forgiving than leather.

I know I'm not the expert since I've only been doing this a few years, but is a web belt suited for heavier load outs?

In addition to the Glock 26, my usual EDC load out includes a Victorinox Fieldmaster, Leatherman Rebar, Bushnell AAA flashlight, and generally a Becker BK9 or Ontario SP10. The Glock rides in the pocket while everything else rides on the belt.

I know I'm not the expert since I've only been doing this a few years, but is a web belt suited for heavier load outs?

In addition to the Glock 26, my usual EDC load out includes a Victorinox Fieldmaster, Leatherman Rebar, Bushnell AAA flashlight, and generally a Becker BK9 or Ontario SP10. The Glock rides in the pocket while everything else rides on the belt.
It is. Mine is considered medium duty I think. They have different widths and thickness. Stiffness is determined from lines of stitching. Velcro is heavy duty and doesn't pill up. I've always been a big fan of leather, but I'm sold on these. I were jeans so they look sharp. I go with a minimulist holster so I don't have to go up a pant size.

Last edited:

Wilderness Tactical is the original instructor belt at fifty bucks, but 5-11 seems decent to me.

This is what I karry my huge Glock 21-2 in...Covers with just a t-shirt...

I like the Wilderness Store SafePacker with a mil spec nylon dress belt.

Had a chance to test the Active Pro Gear holster today. It's actually surprisingly easy to draw the 26 and get it out into position, although reholstering is a little tricky since you have to tuck the exposed portion back into the pocket. But no matter how hard I drew, it never came completely out of the pocket, and the Glock always pulled free without obstruction.

Back