Concealed weapon?

I was out with some friends last Saturday night. We attempted to enter a nationally known club (which will go nameless), I noticed they were "wanding" people at the door. I pulled out my SAK to show that I was not making any attempt to hide it. His response was to either "throw it in the garbage or go home" (the car was parked about a 1/2 mile away.) What would you have done? I left the club and hid the knife down the street and ended up picking the knife up after the show. Luckily it was still there. Since when is a SAK a weapon? Would they have stopped me if I was carrying a bowling ball. Since we had balcony seats I could have done a lot more damage with it than a SAK.

Jim

Jim (Oh) said:
I was out with some friends last Saturday night. We attempted to enter a nationally known club (which will go nameless), I noticed they were "wanding" people at the door. I pulled out my SAK to show that I was not making any attempt to hide it. His response was to either "throw it in the garbage or go home" (the car was parked about a 1/2 mile away.) What would you have done? I left the club and hid the knife down the street and ended up picking the knife up after the show. Luckily it was still there. Since when is a SAK a weapon? Would they have stopped me if I was carrying a bowling ball. Since we had balcony seats I could have done a lot more damage with it than a SAK.

Jim

Too sad but, Since 9-11!!!

That's been standard procedure at many clubs for a good number of years. Even back in the '80s I always had to remember to leave my pocket knives at home before venturing out on the town. They didn't wand much back then but a pat-down wasn't out of the question at some of the seedier venues. Heck, I was sent packing once because the bouncer thought my leather jacket was black (it was actually a very dark brown). I never did figure out why black leather was verboten.

Heck, I was sent packing once because the bouncer thought my leather jacket was black (it was actually a very dark brown). I never did figure out why black leather was verboten.
Probably considered it to be some sort of gang 'colors'.

Jim (Oh) said:
...when is a SAK a weapon?

Whenever there are little Hitlers lurking around. And there are plenty of them. They need to prove their worth and earn their pay.

NEVER take anything out of your pocket. Let the Little Hitler find it. They have to do some work to justify themselves. Then say, "Oh THAT little thing. You afraid of something that tiny?"

Never TELL anyone that something is NOT a weapon. That simply sets things up for an argument you won't win.

Anything, including a pencil, may be used as a weapon if the proper circumstances arise.

Also, don't go where SAKs aren't welcome. This should be good common sense. Love me, love my SAK. ;)

Back