Concerns About Survive! Business and Misleading Lead Time Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellie, very true that the re-stocking fees and further price increases can not be retroactive, but going forward it would be prudent to implement stricter stop loss factors within your terms plus fulfillment periods more in line with your median output. All the best, CS~

Expecting payment up front is bad practice enough but adding on a restocking fee for deadlines missed repeatedly is ridiculous. I'm glad Ellie and survive recognize this.

Likewise, we can't go back and raise their prices.

I definitely meant future, not retroactive and of course hindsight for me on you're business doesn't help anyone.

Just meant as a quality knife customer, if your knives were priced more in-line with other similarly produced quality knives I would still purchase. As a byproduct you would bring in more profit to the business and normalize demand down from extreme (never catch up) to very healthy (a little chase never hurt anyone).

Can you tell us why it is taking so long to get the CPM 3V for the 5.1's? It seems other makers & manufacturer's are able to to get and make their knives. What's going on with your suppliers?

Can you tell us why it is taking so long to get the CPM 3V for the 5.1's? It seems other makers & manufacturer's are able to to get and make their knives. What's going on with your suppliers?

I believe the next batch of 5.1's are a ways down in the timeline. It looks as if they're already sitting on enough 3v for the 12, 6, 4.5, 10, and 8 preorders. http://surviveknives.com/production-schedule/ That's gotta be a big pile of steel, dunno why they'd want to add to it at this point.

I said it elsewhere which was chicken of me now that I think about it but I apologize for being a raging jerk to people in this thread a couple pages ago. I prefer to disagree without being disagreeable, sometimes I manage to fail spectacularly at that though.

Ditto grogimus. I've had my moments where my mouth overloaded my brain and I acted like an A$$. My sincere apologies to everyone. Enough said.

I believe the next batch of 5.1's are a ways down in the timeline. It looks as if they're already sitting on enough 3v for the 12, 6, 4.5, 10, and 8 preorders. http://surviveknives.com/production-schedule/ That's gotta be a big pile of steel, dunno why they'd want to add to it at this point.

Why wouldn't the 5.1 be the first to be run? That seems like the most popular model, and is arguably the flagship knife at this point. They have been waiting on more steel for that now and those two neckers since May 2016, at least. And why would you introduce all of these other models before you can even get the first few out the door, and then sell factory seconds and ugly bettys IN FRONT of you regular customers who have to wait 18 months to two years to get their knife. Man, that's bad form - REALLY bad form.

Oh, and I would like Ellie's answer directly from her on this, but thanks for making an attempt to explain.

Why wouldn't the 5.1 be the first to be run? That seems like the most popular model, and is arguably the flagship knife at this point. They have been waiting on more steel for that now and those two neckers since May 2016, at least. And why would you introduce all of these other models before you can even get the first few out the door, and then sell factory seconds and ugly bettys IN FRONT of you regular customers who have to wait 18 months to two years to get their knife. Man, that's bad form - REALLY bad form.

Oh, and I would like Ellie's answer directly from her on this, but thanks for making an attempt to explain.

I don't want to waste your time or clutter the thread since you're looking for an answer from Ellie, but I have a few thoughts on the topic you brought up. I'll just keep it to this: the 5.1 was the first new spec model put into production and is already done, and now the company is working through all the other models. The 5.1 that is currently advertised is for the second run that may come after everything currently in the production line up or it might be fit in among them.

With only 2 posts since 2013 you must do a lot of reading here. I'm trying to think of a quote I read about wise people listening more than speaking, but it escapes me at the moment! It's pretty cool you chose to make your first posts here.

I preordered two knives about 15 months ago. In that time, the steel for them has arrived. They are nowhere near the top of the queue. Do I feel misled? Yes, but not enough for me to pull my orders yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halestorm, any update on the status of your 2.7? Think you said on 11/16 it was shipping in 6 days.

I just received a refund on a Bushcraft I didn't feel like waiting for. It took about two weeks, but was painless, & well communicated.

I still have not received any of my orders from last year yet. Hopefully I am getting closer on the 2.7, & 4.1. I really do have faith that they will come through for all of us.

Faith is all you can really count on at this point. They don't communicate well, and acknowledging that is not something they are going to embrace.

I'm concerned that no news is bad news...

Nope. Not a word. I've been busy moving so I haven't had time to email or call. I'll try Monday. I'm not sure it will do any good. The last two shipping dates were missed of course and I'm sure that I'll just be told a "couple weeks" again.

By now everyone knows that is what ticks me off the most, the outright lie on the phone about the shipping date. That and the fact that they continue that behavior in spite of the hundreds of complaints.

If I were new here, I'd start to think they could care less about us on BF. It sure seems that way by the reluctance to ever address any of the issues brought up here in the past year or more.

I just want my knife.

I just received a refund on a Bushcraft I didn't feel like waiting for. It took about two weeks, but was painless, & well communicated.

I still have not received any of my orders from last year yet. Hopefully I am getting closer on the 2.7, & 4.1. I really do have faith that they will come through for all of us.

Two weeks to get a refund? That's a definite concern.

Wasn't November the month of big things happening? Did much transpire last month and I completely missed it?

Wasn't November the month of big things happening? Did much transpire last month and I completely missed it?

I was in hopes that they would merge or be bought out by a company that could manage their disastrous business profile. Seems not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back