Concerns About Survive! Business and Misleading Lead Time Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellie, thanks for chiming in. I, and the tons of other customers that are rooting for you, Guy and your team, appreciate it.:thumbup:

Who doesn't love a good joke about cancer? It's hilarious!

Remember they did it on Seinfeld. Jerry was ripping on a dermatologist for not being a "real doctor"... then finds she saved a friends life from carcinoma. DOH!!
Cancer doctors ironically are the guys you WANT TO Be wrong on lead times.

Last edited:
Remember they did it on Seinfeld. Jerry was ripping on a dermatologist for not being a "real doctor"... then finds she saved a friends life from carcinoma. DOH!!
Cancer doctors ironically are the guys you WANT TO Be wrong on lead times.

Oncologists and Seinfeld belong in the same sentence. I hope to have as little as possible to do with either :D My little brother is a trying-to-be standup in NYC, I can't ask him what the weather is like there without a Seinfeld reference!

It is constructive because it is likely the only thing that can effect improvement.

I would have at least 2 more knives on order with Survive had they demonstrated an ability to meet their stated lead times. So far they've only talked the talk. While this is only me and 2 knives and won't make any difference to them, the more of me the better.

No doubt this upsets some people, but I want Survive to have just as much success as you. I'd argue even more. I want them to deliver when they say they will, which would benefit them much more than their current state.

I agree with you, but feel that basically calling for a boycott doesnt help.

There hasn't been much chatter going on in the forum lately. I figured there would be a bunch of new knife pictures posted after the big November of change. Has anyone been getting any shipping notices?

I purchased a 4.1 factory second back in October during a Wednesday sale. At that time the site said fulfillment would take 15-30 days. I followed up with survive after waiting just over 30 days I was told the 4.1s were being built soon. Now I am approaching 60 days with no idea when my knife will be shipped. It's discouraging that this knife seemed to be available since it was listed as in stock as a factory second. I've heard so many good things about survive knives and I just want to get my hands on their product.

I purchased a 4.1 factory second back in October during a Wednesday sale. At that time the site said fulfillment would take 15-30 days. I followed up with survive after waiting just over 30 days I was told the 4.1s were being built soon. Now I am approaching 60 days with no idea when my knife will be shipped. It's discouraging that this knife seemed to be available since it was listed as in stock as a factory second. I've heard so many good things about survive knives and I just want to get my hands on their product.

Very nice production knives. If you can't wait months (even years for preorders) you'r best bet is secondary markets. For A good size chunk of customers that already bought in, the best solution was to get a refund and re-calibrate expectations. Best decision I ever made.

There hasn't been much chatter going on in the forum lately. I figured there would be a bunch of new knife pictures posted after the big November of change. Has anyone been getting any shipping notices?

Here you go: GSO 4.7 CPM-154 received yesterday.
View attachment 676437

This is a presale knife, ordered Dec '15. As you can guess, it's perfect :). Waiting calmly for my other orders

Cheers,
C.

Edit to add: not sure how many of the people that ordered GSOs are actually on the Forums...

Last edited:
A previous discussion indicated that Survive's early publicity came mostly through youtube videos, and since they don't advertise that may still be where most of their customer base comes from.

One wonders if the cru forge V and 4 limited are going to cause even more delays for most of the other preorder models from last year that are currently being built and/or are yet to be built?!

Complete speculation on my part, but I don't think it will materially delay preorder production for the other models as I think the CFV and 4 limited orders are a cash flow source intended to replace the 4.7/4.1 2nd and ugly revenues when the time comes.

One wonders if the cru forge V and 4 limited are going to cause even more delays for most of the other preorder models from last year that are currently being built and/or are yet to be built?!

The Cru Forge V blades we posted about on instagram the other day are the absolute end of that batch so there aren't very many of them. They go together much quicker than the regular GSO-4.7s so they won't be very time consuming.

We purposely made the GSO-4 Limited delivery timeline pretty far out so that we would have time to work on those without cutting into fulfilling preorders.

Thanks for the info Ellie! I hope the other models runs go more smoothly :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back