Concerns About Survive! Business and Misleading Lead Time Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have any concerns, just email them. It will be answered pretty quick. They are a small company, but I never had any problems with them with any of the ten knives I purchased from them. I have yet to find a better knife in terms of quality and price. Well worth the wait........

maybe people should stop buying their knives.

Good luck with that.....if they were terrible knives no one would...they are the best knife for the cost in the market even if they were 2x the cost...sorry to be capt. obvious but S!K is a victim of their own success and this thread is proof positive that people LOVE their knives.

A previous discussion indicated that Survive's early publicity came mostly through youtube videos, and since they don't advertise that may still be where most of their customer base comes from.

That was a true statement for me 2 or 3 years ago. Then I bought one, used it and had to have more of them, much like most other people here. There has also been a ton of content here on BF, Instagram and FB that have continued and increased the demand for these knives. I also think the the desire to get something that you can't get or is hard to get drives some demand as well. I am sure this thread fans that desire in some weird way.

Good luck with that.....if they were terrible knives no one would...they are the best knife for the cost in the market even if they were 2x the cost...sorry to be capt. obvious but S!K is a victim of their own success and this thread is proof positive that people LOVE their knives.

Save your key strokes. That troll hasn't contributed anything to this thread.

There's another that keeps rearing his ugly head as well. You'd think if these guys got their refunds or were never invested in the first place they'd stop coming around. Maybe this is entertaining for them :confused:

Best to just ignore.

I finally gave up on waiting , it's been almost a year and a half since putting in an order and still all I see is " We Have Steel ". I put in for a refund , waited a couple weeks , put in for it again , still nothing . I'll never do a prepay wait till we get around to it order again .
There are other knifemakers with similar design ,quality , and price out there . No reason to let someone else make intrest off your money for 2 years while they ...get around to it .

Last edited:
Save your key strokes. That troll hasn't contributed anything to this thread.

There's another that keeps rearing his ugly head as well. You'd think if these guys got their refunds or were never invested in the first place they'd stop coming around. Maybe this is entertaining for them :confused:

Best to just ignore.

Yep. Let the trolls have their little whine (and occasional temper tantrum).....and we shall keep using/appreciating the S!Ks we already own, whilst waiting patiently for the future ones :D

The Cru Forge V blades we posted about on instagram the other day are the absolute end of that batch so there aren't very many of them. They go together much quicker than the regular GSO-4.7s so they won't be very time consuming.

We purposely made the GSO-4 Limited delivery timeline pretty far out so that we would have time to work on those without cutting into fulfilling preorders.

....and the pre-sales from JULY?

Paid long time ago for my 5.1 in 3V and still waiting patiently.In the the meantime my other fixed blades can have a go.Don't think when I get GSO 5.1 they will have chance to shine :).

I'm not really a blade person.

I ordered a 5.1 a LONG time ago, I don't remember when, maybe last year.

I'm sick of waiting and probably won't even be at the same address when and if it ever ships.

Is there any way for me to get my money back?

I have ordered several knives in the past from different makers and have never received one on time. Survive Knives takes the cake though. I have waited for my 2.7 for so long I decided to never order another knife in this manner. My excitement for the knife is gone. I expected to get a custom order from AA Forge in mid October after talking with owner, still don't have it. I now only buy available or secondary knives. I would like to add that I have owned three GSO's. I only have a 3.5 now and it is my favorite everyday carry. I think the 2.7 will be the same, I hope to get it before I die!

I'm sick of waiting and probably won't even be at the same address when and if it ever ships.

Sorry to hear this. If you send an email to SURVIVE! they can issue a refund.

Hiker, unfortunately for some, the starter and preorders was a learning experience for the company as well as customers. Hope your 2.7 finds you sooner than later.

io333, shoot me an email when you get a chance.

The goal is to have all GSO-2.7 preorders and presales shipped by the new year. I can't promise that every single one will be out because sometimes things happen that are beyond our control, but we are doing everything in our power to make it happen.

Ellie,

How are the 2.7's coming along, still on track?

Cheers

Perhaps, Those requiring no microtexture can be moved to the front of the line shipped out. I ordered canvas so I'm assuming that it will not be micro textured

Canvas can receive the micro texture treatment as well. Looks and feels great as well. I have a camo canvas and a green canvas with it and given the choice, would take the texturing every time.

I'm fairly certain all handles have the micro texturing done now, which although is an additional step, I believe S! said it will actually increase throughput vs having it as an option as it eliminates sorting and determining who needed it vs who didn't.

Canvas can receive the micro texture treatment as well. Looks and feels great as well. I have a camo canvas and a green canvas with it and given the choice, would take the texturing every time.

I'm fairly certain all handles have the micro texturing done now, which although is an additional step, I believe S! said it will actually increase throughput vs having it as an option as it eliminates sorting and determining who needed it vs who didn't.

Seems like a logical explanation. I hadn't thought of it quite like that before.

The instagram and Facebook thread was getting steered in a different direction and I wanted to move the conversation back here.

Random people popping in here to complain about wait times has been a bane of this subforum since it started. Lately there have been knowledgeable and invested people with real concerns about how things are going.

Do I think S!K needs to continue their damage control and keep working to improve business practices? Yes.
Do customers deserve to trust in what the company tells them? Also yes.
Have I seen any amount of complaints result in desired action? No.
Has our community here taken a big hit and suffered the consequences of widespread discontent? Sadly yes.
Did I see a massive change in November? No
Are we starting to see better forecasting? It seems like.

I'm really hoping that the current time frame issues are from before November and the hard moving forward, we'll see a lot better.

Paying customers deserve accurate communication, but too many complaints hurt this group more than they "stick it to the man". Turning on eachother won't get us anywhere either.

As for the felony garbage, there was a super sleuth who brought that up in the most recent GBU thread. That seemed unnecessary to say the very least. I don't see why it needs to be brought up again.

I'm not in favor of downplaying polite and legitimate concerns, but if it has to be discussed in this subforum, I think it is best to keep it in an appropriate threads. If it gets too far spread it just turns off any enjoyable conversations and really won't get you the knife or refund you're after any sooner.

You're too good of a dude Silver. People don't want their money back. They don't want their knives. They want drama. Here's the thread for it.

Does Survive! sell knives that are absolutely out of this world in bang for the buck? Yep, I bought and received 6 from the site this year. No gimmicks, just jumping in when they were for sale. 3 of those knives are out for good people to check out, I trust those people and I trust Survive!.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm pursuing interest in a Survive!Knives forum, separate from Bladeforums. No clue if people would be interested, but I'd like a place to talk about these knives without people trolling every productive conversation.

Oh, and I hope it goes without saying, but I'm just speaking for myself. Guy, Ellie, Jordyn, etc. None of them have signed off on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back