Concerns About Survive! Business and Misleading Lead Time Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I preordered this thread's death over three months ago, and it still hasn't died! I want my money back! Maybe I should start a thread about this thread...

Why would a thread about a company that underperforms on lead times die, when the company continues to underperform on lead times?

If nothing else it could serve to compile the continuing stream of excuses for why they are unable to do what thousands of others do every day.

Ooh Ooh Ooh! I know the answer to that one!

Because many of the comments in this thread go well beyond informative and right down into nastiness!

Citori,

You have a reasonable point and by all means if new info comes to light then it should be posted. If new deadlines are set and not met then they should be posted.

My own personal feelings are that not much is going to change until Survive! is able to buy the equipment to cut blanks and CNC grind/machine those blanks into blades and either HT in house or send them to Peter's and then finish/assembe/sharpen them. Survive! ultimately is at the mercy of its contractor's time-lines.

But seriously... this horse has been beaten into a pile of mush.

Because many of the comments in this thread go well beyond informative and right down into nastiness!

I don't dispute that, but the most effective way to eliminate those comments is for Survive to deliver to their customers when they say they will.

My own personal feelings are that not much is going to change until Survive! is able to buy the equipment to cut blanks and CNC grind/machine those blanks into blades and either HT in house or send them to Peter's and then finish/assembe/sharpen them. Survive! ultimately is at the mercy of its contractor's time-lines.

My experience is that that sort of integration does not improve matters, and the idea that subcontractors are exclusively at fault for their continuing inability to deliver strains credulity. Asking the same people who are unable to manage the current workload to manage more is a recipe for failure.

Not that I buy pointing fingers at subs. The 2.5 month delay I am currently experiencing was blamed on a contractor going hunting. Even as someone who spends quite a lot of time hunting that strikes me as absurd. And that I had to seek that explanation myself, along with yet another when my order didn't deliver within the second promised lead time, does not quicken me to trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back