Condor Bushlore Patina

Just recently received a Condor Bushlore. I own a few fixed blades that are either stainless steel, or I just don't want to risk a patina on them (I know, it's not that risky, as they can be polished off and redone)... The Bushlore is just such an affordable fixed blade, I thought I'd give it a try.

I first used heated white vinegar to give it an even grayish base (after stripping the coating off of course!). Then I jabbed it into a lemon and left it for an hour. I didn't like the way that turned out, because for some reason it came out with several reddish/brown spots, so I had to use some 2000 sandpaper to take those spots off. Next I did a few coats of various patterns with jalapeno mustard. These I didn't leave on more than 15 minutes each layer. Finally, I put small pieces of paper towel soaked in white vinegar on small areas that I wanted to darken a bit more.

I know... Sounds a bit crazy and complicated, but I had fun doing all this, and I'm actually really digging how it turned out! Next I'd like to do something with the scales. Any suggestions with pics appreciated! (Stain, oil, etc)

Here are a few pics:

PS damn, that took me awhile to figure out how to post photos on here (first timer)!
YFyoJd5

YFyoJd5

Last edited:
Back