Condor EMT Rip-Away Pouch- An overview

In the quest for something a little bigger than my Maxpedition FR-1 as a first aid kit, I came across the Condor EMT Rip-Away Pouch. I settled on this pouch as I liked the tri fold design and size. It would allow me to add a few more things but still have room for future improvements.

I believe I paid something around 25 dollars for this bag shipped. For the quality and size, I think this is a great price. As noted, I like that the bag is a "tri-fold" design. This gives the opportunity for better organization and eliminates jamming more than one item in a pocket or loop.

Before I go on to what I keep in the bag, I must first note some modifications I made to the bag.

First, I replaced the tan pull tabs with orange paracord. Just adds a little color and further signifies it is a medical bag(not that the patch doesn’t give it away )

Second, I cut way the 2in piece of webbing that Condor put in order to help keep the bag closed for quick/temporary closing. I felt that I would never make use of this function and it got in the way more than it helped. With a sharp knife I cut as close as I could, then went over the area with a flame to prevent fraying.

Lastly, I simply tucked in the main straps and buckle that keep the actual pouch secured to the velcro backing(For the "rip-away" function). I could of easily just taken off the velcro backing but then that would leave me with velcro open to the elements and giving it the chance to gather lint, dirt, etc.

On the front outside of the bag you have a 2inch wide velco area to add on patches, nametags, etc. As you can see, I added a Condor Medic Patch.
Underneath gives you the option for several MOLLE attachments. Here is where I store both a pair of mini EMT shears(from MilspecMonkey) and Streamlight MicroStream.

On the back side of the bag is where you have your velcro harness where the actual bag is secured to. In the event this pouch was secured to a vest, you would be able to pull the bag off of the velcro backing taking just the bag and leaving the harness still on the vest.

This kit was designed to treat both everyday and trauma injuries.
Opening the bag you get to see a full view of all the contents. The top section includes two pockets and three elastic loops. Middle section includes one large pocket and a number of larger elastic loops to help accommodate bigger supplies such as a CinchTight dressing. The last section is a zippered compartment with the front being made of mesh. This helps to see what is inside the compartment without having to open it.

I figured I would post pictures of my kit stocked to help you get an idea of how much this bag can hold.

Throughout the few months I have had this bag, I've had no complaints. Transporting it to the car, to the house, to wherever is simple and the use of the handle makes it that much easier. The size of the bag gives you the opportunity to be prepared with key items in any medical situation but also leaves plenty of room to tailor the bag to your own custom needs.

I noted in the beginning that I chose this bag to replace my Maxped FR-1. I threw in two comparison shots of the both to help gauge size and functionality.

I hope that this overview could provide to be useful and hopefully is a help when determining if your on the fence of getting one.
~Chris

Very nice setup you have there. I have to agree with you in that the tri-fold looks to be a great design. Thanks for the post. Off the too of your head, is Condor American made?

Where is your TQ?

Actually there is latex free TQ folded underneath the CinchTight. Only threw it in there because I had an extra.

To be quite honest, I try not to have anything I am not trained to use.

I know, I know, you might have access to someone that is but....

Last edited:
I really would like to know more about the comparison between FR1 and the Condor. Could you please reup the pictures?

Back