Condor New 2018 Lineup

Smoothing rough spots out of wooden sword handles is a totally different thing than smoothing them out of wooden machete handles or wooden knife handles? That has nothing to do with construction.

It is different. And you're getting hung up on this instead of the point I'm making that the poor quality of the swords has nothing to do with the quality of the fit/finish of EVERYTHING ELSE that they make. But if you want to be upset, that's your prerogative. I'd be upset too if I bought one of those "swords". I'm just saying that their other stuff is head and shoulders above it, and I know what I'm talking about here.

It is different. And you're getting hung up on this instead of the point I'm making that the poor quality of the swords has nothing to do with the quality of the fit/finish of EVERYTHING ELSE that they make. But if you want to be upset, that's your prerogative. I'd be upset too if I bought one of those "swords". I'm just saying that their other stuff is head and shoulders above it, and I know what I'm talking about here.
Important point to avoid biasing impressions from readers of this thread that aren't familiar with Condor products.

timthumb.php

So, what is it? It helps when you post a pic of a knife to identify it for those that do not know.

Looked it up. It's called the Ironpath. 9.88" blade in 1075 Carbon Steel with leather sheath. Probably will get this one.

Hopefully, Condor will have them on display at their booth at Blade in early June. I bought my Moonshiner there. MSRP is $104 or so I believe.

Last edited:
I realize you have no control over MAP but 15% is a bit low relative to full retail these days. This is the ONLY thing that will keep me from purchasing this knife. More than likely, I won't quibble on this one, but I certainly have not been buying them right and left like I used to just to play with.

I realize you have no control over MAP but 15% is a bit low relative to full retail these days. This is the ONLY thing that will keep me from purchasing this knife. More than likely, I won't quibble on this one, but I certainly have not been buying them right and left like I used to just to play with.

That's why I switched to offering Special Grade work free on all Condor products. ;)

The Golok is a great field blade. Looks good 42. I have several of them (one unused). For the most part, I switched to using the 14" Puerto Rican machete over the Golok. Still have not gotten a 16" Swampmaster. That might also be a Blade Show purchase. I enjoy chatting with the Condor rep and Joe Flowers is usually around. The Ironpath will probably replace my Kumunga for more knife like chopping tasks. The Kumunga is sort of half knife and half machete.

Back