condor thai enep camp knife

disduster

Gold Member
recently got the chance to purchase one of the newly released thai enep camp knives from condor. I took it to the woodpile to work with me a few days after i got it and here are some of my inital thoughts. good weight, handfillling grip, thick sharp edge. Right, so overall i was pleased the few hours i spent with the enep camp knife. The only problem i had with it was one of the pins started to work it's way out, nothing i couldn't fix with a bit of glue. so no big deal to me. i Believe in time i will most likely strip and rehandle the blade in micarta. I do really like this blade shape, it's got a great sweet spot. i have picked up a few condor blades over the past year and have nothing but pleased with them. cheap, fun the modd and make personal, decent quality. just great working blades for those of us that live a blade culture. I see more in my future.
oh yeah the pics.

enep001.jpg

enep005.jpg

enep006.jpg

enep012.jpg

enep014.jpg

eitherway it's always a good day when you got a skink in your wood pile

enep010.jpg

enep011.jpg

Nice,looks like a HI Tamang with a more comfortable handle.
I've gotta get one & give it a try.
Love the skink pic too,we had them in central cali.when I was a kid.
Some had red/pink heads & some had blue.

Thats on my short list of "must have's"
Thanks for the pics comparing it in size...I didn't imagine it that small, I love it.
I have to get me one, that and the condor parang look pretty good.

Thanks for the pics comparing it in size...I didn't imagine it that small, I love it.

It's also available in an 18"-bladed machete size in 1/8" stock. :D

OP: It sucks that a pin in your handle started to work out--it was probably made right before Holy Week down there. :eek: I'd get in touch with Rick Jones at Condor about that, even if you plan on rehandling it eventually. They need to know about this sort of thing, and you deserve to have your handle not coming apart until you want it to! :p

It's a really great design, though, isn't it? Comfortable handle and a big sweet spot, like you said. I normally don't care for recurved blades, but this one is a totally different animal! :cool::thumbup:

i was a little smaller then i thought it would be as well, but it still packs a very good punch.

It's also available in an 18"-bladed machete size in 1/8" stock. :D

OP: It sucks that a pin in your handle started to work out--it was probably made right before Holy Week down there. :eek: I'd get in touch with Rick Jones at Condor about that, even if you plan on rehandling it eventually. They need to know about this sort of thing, and you deserve to have your handle not coming apart until you want it to! :p

It's a really great design, though, isn't it? Comfortable handle and a big sweet spot, like you said. I normally don't care for recurved blades, but this one is a totally different animal! :cool::thumbup:

for the the sake of the company maybe i should do that, do you have a email for mister jones at condor?
i'm very pleased with the design, looking to maybe get the bigger one too. i think i know a new web store with great customer that has them.

That is the first time there has been a pin that has come out. Did you sand the head at all or anything? You can coat the pin with epoxy and smack in back in, or send it back and get a new one. I've been destroying my enep and it just asks for more.

That is the first time there has been a pin that has come out. Did you sand the head at all or anything? You can coat the pin with epoxy and smack in back in, or send it back and get a new one. I've been destroying my enep and it just asks for more.

a little glue and some sanding so the pin was flush with the handle and it was good to go

This is one of the Condors I have my eyes on. Thanks for the review and pics. :thumbup:

for the the sake of the company maybe i should do that, do you have a email for mister jones at condor?
i'm very pleased with the design, looking to maybe get the bigger one too. i think i know a new web store with great customer that has them.

You can email Rick at rtj2 at att dot net or you can give him a ring at one-four zero seven-three five four-three four eight eight. :):thumbup:

Between the two sizes the machete is my favorite--it may only have an 18" blade but the thing feels a lot more imposing than that! A sweet spot that big and far from the handle in 1/8" stock makes for one heck of a chopper! :eek:

Looks good ! Nice review ! These new Condors are looking nice, this model is going on my "wish list" along with the Condor Barong !

I like the Barong a lot, though I'd like to see a larger version. The present model is a great compromise between having a big sweet spot for chopping, a fine point for drilling or piercing, and good knuckle clearance for cutting against a board/surface. You can comfortably use it for slicing and food prep by pinching the spine like a chef's knife.

I like the Barong a lot, though I'd like to see a larger version. The present model is a great compromise between having a big sweet spot for chopping, a fine point for drilling or piercing, and good knuckle clearance for cutting against a board/surface. You can comfortably use it for slicing and food prep by pinching the spine like a chef's knife.

I would LOVE to see CONDOR come out with a Parang Knife, much like the ENEP. They have the big one, now they need one like Lofty Wiseman uses..that would be their biggest seller. I already have it designed, just point me in the right direction guys..I would GIVE the design to condor, for a free couple of knives of course. LOL

Oh yeah, I said the hell with it, and bought the Big and small ENEP last night...the waiting begins. I think these are FANTASTIC woods tools, and cant wait.
Looks like another Condor convert has been born. I love a lot of the new designs. I am going to get the Speed Bowie and the NEW bushcrafter..it looks much improved.

I would LOVE to see CONDOR come out with a Parang Knife, much like the ENEP. They have the big one, now they need one like Lofty Wiseman uses..that would be their biggest seller. I already have it designed, just point me in the right direction guys..I would GIVE the design to condor, for a free couple of knives of course. LOL

Oh yeah, I said the hell with it, and bought the Big and small ENEP last night...the waiting begins. I think these are FANTASTIC woods tools, and cant wait.
Looks like another Condor convert has been born. I love a lot of the new designs. I am going to get the Speed Bowie and the NEW bushcrafter..it looks much improved.

Like this?

LoftyLarge.jpg

Or this?

13Jan20113.jpg

I could see a blade like the top one's on the handle of the new Speed Bowie. That would be sweet. :cool:

I'd like to see Condor make one of these...

ParangBandol.jpg

...but full-tang with wooden scales.

ETA: Or maybe micarta? :D:thumbup:

Last edited:
I like the curve/flare of the blade much better on that one than on the Ray Mears one. As per usual, I like the way you think! :D:thumbup:

If they aren't already! I know they already have their 2012 line figured out, though I have no clue what the items themselves are.

Back