condor thai enep camp knife

If they aren't already! I know they already have their 2012 line figured out, though I have no clue what the items themselves are.

They should go ahead and release their 2012 items then. It's close enough, right? The world's gonna end in 2012 anyway. Might as well have as much time as possible to enjoy their stuff.

By that I mean they know which designs they plan on doing--getting them through the prototyping phase and into production still takes quite a while! :eek:

Maybe they'll announce new models next week at Blade, like everyone else does. I'll be hitting the Condor booth hard this year.

Pbbbbbbth--I wish I could! :D

All I know is that on Condor's site the IWA section in the news section they've got this picture posted. See the weird billhook with the knuckle bow? I asked Rick about that and he said it was a prototype they were trying to get responses on for the Euro market. Looks like a steel guard on that, which means there could be some interesting pieces in the pipeline!

IWA1106.png

Like this?

LoftyLarge.jpg

Or this?

13Jan20113.jpg

Yup, something like the top one..I was thinking more like this:
Lanyard tube, front and back, wood scales, standard black blade, carbon steel..

Dont get me wrong, if they flat out made it look more like the Lofty Wiseman (your top photo) then I would be pleased as punch, but I thought a Parang knife that had the same lines as the big one, would be cool. Keep with the traditional line they have going and all.

That Ray Mears looks alot like the Bear Grylis parang. I think Ray ripped off Ol Bear's idea....(just kidding)

Last edited:

Dont get me wrong, if they flat out made it look more like the Lofty Wiseman (your top photo) then I would be pleased as punch, but I thought a Parang knife that had the same lines as the big one, would be cool. Keep with the traditional line they have going and all.

That Ray Mears looks alot like the Bear Grylis parang. I think Ray ripped off Ol Bear's idea....(just kidding)

Waaayyyy ahead of you guys.

hint hint.

Last edited:
P'ssssh I don't stalk them. I just keep my eyes peeled and ask the occasional question. They're too far away for proper stalking. :D

I've got my drool bucket ready. :D

Last edited:
stalkers never think they are!

For the record...this is pretty eerily close to one of the projects

Last edited:
The first thing it makes me think of, form wise, is this:

nessmuk.jpg

Even though it wasn't the original intent with the drawing, I think the resemblance is advantageous if anything. :)

Looks like it would have good knuckle clearance for kitchen use, too. :D

condor smatchet anyone? i'm sure there is some sweet stuff in the works.

OK..
I just got my 2 Thai ENEP knives in.
The Machete is AWESOME. Thats all I can say. I will get some in use pics tomorrow if I get a chance.
Now, on to the ENEP knife. First off, I like it a lot. IT does have some issues that I am going to remedy. The flat grind and taper is great, the edge, is crap.
The grinds are so bad, its like a cartoon knife...honestly. The edge is SUPER thick, dull and uneven.
NOW, before anyone jumps all over me, I bet they are not all this bad..BUT, not to worry...I have a vertical bench grinder, so all is well.
Honestly, both of these knives were destined to be customised from the start, so this isnt a big issue to me, I just wanted to point it out.
Now, as to the feel in hand, AWESOME, the weight is perfect, and its FAST in hand. A little grinder time, and its a bad ass tool for sure!!!
I know that I could send this in and get another..but really, why? I am was going to grind on it anyway, even if it was the best one ever made in El Salvador...so I am overall, VERY happy with both of these. Oh yeah, the sheaths are very well made to boot.
The ENEP MACHETE is so cool...all I can think of is "the book of Eli" when I hold it...very cool

Back