Confiscated balisongs at Hong Kong

So my dad bought some balisongs knives at Batangas, Philippines. Some pretty nice ones I might add. I called tsa in America to see if we’re good to go, but I forgot they had stop overs. When they got to Hong Kong, they confiscated all the balisongs my dad bought. They said that they’re illegal in their country (pretty sure they’re flipping them right now). I’m kind of bummed out, I really wanted these. He’s still there, but I was wondering what he can do to get them back hahaha.... any suggestions? If no dice, I’ll get them myself when I go to the Philippines. What to do to avoid getting them confiscated?

I would suggest that you mail them home with a few other tourist trinkets. It may cost a bit but it's better than the alternative. BTW you know they are flipping them as we speak :mad:. I was talking friendly to a TSA agent in Boston and he told me that the female agents fight over the cosmetics the they confusticate (over so many ounces) at the end of their shifts, It's a thing sadly.

I would suggest that you mail them home with a few other tourist trinkets. It may cost a bit but it's better than the alternative. BTW you know they are flipping them as we speak :mad:. I was talking friendly to a TSA agent in Boston and he told me that the female agents fight over the cosmetics the they confusticate (over so many ounces) at the end of their shifts, It's a thing sadly.
Pisses me off knowing someone will take these home. I’m just glad my dad didn’t buy the expensive ones, but he did say it took awhile to find the place where they sell them. Damn it....

Last time I went through HK Customs confiscated a bottle of Champagne I just bought in the Duty Free shop in the secured area of the airport. They definitely have their own way of doing things.

Back