Congrats on the forum!

FTR-14c

Gold Member
That is so awesome.

You have been busy, the new models look great.

Tell me more about the Hack Saw, I'm interested in the specs.

Hey FTR-14C!

Thanks so much for posting! I'm pretty stoked about the new forum.

The Hack Saw is more or less my idea of what the ultimate companion knife to a chopper would look like. Its a bushcraft oriented blade that's designed to be a nasty, nasty slicer while still being stout enough for making difficult power cuts into wood without excessive flexing. It will also make an excellent dedicated hunting and processing knife and will in all likelyhood be the blade I hunt with this fall. These will be ground as thin a possible for the best edge geometry.

I'll be keeping two versions of this model around. One in full hardness (64.5!) CPM 10V for the ultimate in cutting performance and edge retention, and a slightly thicker model in 3V for guys who like to use their blades a little harder. Here's a 10V model that I finished grinding Pre HT. Even annealed, 10V is a bear to grind and finish. I'm not looking forward to the post HT grinding.

The photo isnt very good. The handle is the same size as the blade. Both around 5in.

20150319_155655_zpstale8xxr.jpg

I can't wait! That is going to be perfect along with a Fell Beast.
What are the two thicknesses that you are shooting for?

I'm excited to get your blade back from HT and get it finished.:thumbup: I'm using the camo micarta from the same batch as your fell beast so they will match.

The 10V run came in at .133 and the 3V run will be .140 so the difference in thickness will be pretty small.

If this model is successful I'd love to make some in M390.

Yes congrats on your forum! Been using the heck out of my Fellbeast really enjoying it!

Hope alls well

Back