Photos Congress is in session, in the Traditional sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
H1KWGYO.jpg
vvSLubU.jpg

Picked up a Boker 5464 today, really solid piece.

Pinemoon Pinemoon
Pawn shop this time, I had spied it out a few weeks ago. Went back once to pick it up, but they had the Klaas congress I posted earlier. So I got that one that trip. Probably gonna give this one more pocket time though, the Klaas a little to dressy and nice for carrying to work.

Pinemoon Pinemoon
Pawn shop this time, I had spied it out a few weeks ago. Went back once to pick it up, but they had the Klaas congress I posted earlier. So I got that one that trip. Probably gonna give this one more pocket time though, the Klaas a little to dressy and nice for carrying to work.
Excellent score.
The knife gods are smiling upon you :thumbsup:

I own one congress, an S&M...
At 4" and 3 /4" thick, I consider this a bit big for pocket carry. I got a sheath for it, but don't see myself carrying it much.
Glad you're liking yours G2.

full

That's gotta be a hand full right there!! looks pretty nice though!
G2

That's gotta be a hand full right there!! looks pretty nice though!
G2
Yeah, I got it after seeing it in an A.G. Russel catalog a few years ago. I was curious to try a new pattern too. It certainly is substantial. I like to take it out for a short walk n talk now and then but it really ain't all that pocket friendly.
It's developed some blade rub, something I think is common to a frame without liners.
Has that Boker developed any rub?

This one has some rubs on two of the blades but the main one with the Tree Brand and the coping blade seem to be spared that. And I use the coping blade probably the most, and then the small pen blade next.
G2

This one has some rubs on two of the blades but the main one with the Tree Brand and the coping blade seem to be spared that. And I use the coping blade probably the most, and then the small pen blade next.
G2
having you confirm some rub on yours makes me feel a bit better about the rub on mine.
you should make a sheath for yours. Not sure how big it is. I picked up a sheath for mine.
Not a beautiful G2 sheath :) just a $15 one I got at a table at the county fair.

This one rides well in my watch pocket so haven't had the urge to make a sheath for it...yet.

I was happy to see the blades were ground down fairly thin, not super thin, but all of them cut quite well.

G2

edited to add a new photo, too many posts too few images ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here’s a Congress that I have in route to me this week. This may end up as a safe queen for me. It’s a minty 2009 in 2nd cut jigged burnt stag.

Attachments

• 7D431DF6-243C-4EEC-A9F2-43A2BD721A6B.jpeg
    7D431DF6-243C-4EEC-A9F2-43A2BD721A6B.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 14
  • EFC0736C-96AD-4812-ABEA-1A772074A296.jpeg
    EFC0736C-96AD-4812-ABEA-1A772074A296.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 13
I like the look of the Congress pattern and have a few, but rarely carry them.

Bokers, the same except for the covers. Kind of heavy, but the blades are carbon steel.

Case, the 4-blade is 30 years old, needlessly thick spacer resulting in a heavy knife. But it looks great! The 2-blade is light and is the only one I carry.

Finally, Schatt & Morgan is the largest at 4 inches and 3 blades. It was advertised as a Congress Whittler (I think it is a whittler Congress).

Small Half Congress from Voss Cutlery Germany with CASE Penknife. I've heard some people sneer at the term Half Congress, not 'properly Traditional' or some such pedantry:rolleyes::D But I know not what else to name it;) Half a Congress is better than No Congress....probably:D

CmTu2sa.jpg

I've enjoyed looking at all of the congress knives. That Voss is cool. On the other end of spectrum, I've always liked the Case 88 congress pattern, although I don't see myself carrying one. This New York Knife Co. half congress is also pretty big at a tad over 4 inches closed.
kqUGDdh.jpg

I haven't owned this knife very long and maybe I'm in the honeymoon phase, but I absolutely love it. I love the size, the feel, the versatility, the reverse angle of the cutting profile, the blade sizes... I love it.

I so wish the Case Half Congress had a spear master and coping secondary.

Knowing these are out of production now has me hungry to get more so I'll always have one! And I want to try some other brands too.
:)

IMG_20190620_143708851_zps0ijs7njh_edit_1561066792394_zps4pumibse.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back