Contest ! Baby Boy on its way.....Win a Kagas Katne!

Here's my guess-

Fri-5/10/02 0530hrs
9.5 pounds (keeper)
21"

If I win on date/time, I'll tell how I made my successful prediction.

Good luck!!

He's just waiting for the weekend -
2nd guess: Saturday @ 10:25am; 22 inches; 8lb. 12oz.

Again, all the best!

**UPDATE**
Friday Morning:

No baby yet. However...she is finally starting to have regular contractions, about 7-10 minutes apart. She's going to time them today and get back to me at lunch time. If she does have regular contractions, then she'll probably start having painful ones tomorrow and the baby will come on Sunday (just like #1) - at least, that's my secret fantasy...:D;)

Since Thursday came and went, I'll jump back in for Monday, early morning (sorry pen! :D)

So that's Monday, May 20, same bat time, same bat station.

Well, I just gotta keep trying!
Try #3!
Let's go with your fantasy.
Sunday AM
8lb. 4 oz.
21 "

May your wife and child have an easy birth.

I expect to be typing congrats Sunday morning...ummm ..just like I did wed. and fri...:)

It's not as if he grabs hold of the sides of the uterus and burbles: "Hell no, I won't go!"

munk

A very interesting question. What triggers labor? Is it when the baby reaches a certain size? Is it on a strict timer - 9 months from conception? Does it depend on the nutrition level of the mother? Does the baby/placenta release certain hormones to say "I'm ready"?

Just musing.

Hmm Ill warrant a serious guess now since your baby seems to have very good taste and is waiting to come out on my birthday. May 15th the morning, 33 inches, 8 lbs 10 oz, and again I think theyll be swinging the kagnes katne. And if by the odd unfortunate chance that it does take that long to give birth, please give the kagnes katne to the baby as a remembrance.

Originally posted by Tohatchi NM
A very interesting question. What triggers labor?

This is one of those age-old mysteries that no-one seems able to answer. Just like no-one knows how to cure the common cold. We are a long way before completely understanding what happens when the mother's body and baby finally are ready.

At least, that's what my reading has taught me so far.

LOL = to all the comments everyone's making. It really helps me keep my sense of humor about the situation. :D:D

Dan

yeah, all those things..condition of the wall, hormones, size...

I keep trying to find a way to 'squeeze in', er uh, pardon the language, another observation on Bill's idea the kid wants to stay and is no dummy: He knows this is the last free meal he will ever have.

If this keeps going on, you won't just give the kid that Paper Cutter; he'll be so large he'll take it from your hand and be the one swinging it overhead demanding more milk.

munk

If he's 33 inches as Fed guesses he'll be ready for a 12 inch AK -- kagas katne will be too puny for him.

Boy my brain must be somewhere else today. I agree with you Uncle Bill, if his boy is 33 inches he'll definitely be swinging a 12" AK, and probably be the one carrying mom home;) :D Geez 33", and all this time I thought I typed 22". :rolleyes: Oh well, I suppose at 33" the Guiness book prize money will pay for that AK, and a few other toys. :D :rolleyes:

**UPDATE**

Saturday morning:

Still the same...ox is in the mire...stubborn mule won't budge... How else can I say it? :D

federico = shoulda seen my wife's eyes POP out of her head when I told her your 33" guess. :D:D

A good weekend for all!

Back