**CONTEST CLOSED - the WINNER is grownstar** 3,000th Post Giveaway (GAW)

Is there still time to enter?

Edit: Nevermind, too late!! Best of luck to the entries!

Congrats Derek, 3000 posts is quite an accomplishment!

I guess there IS someone else who likes this forum as much as I do, I don't feel so "obsessed" now.

What's up, guys and gals? All I can say is I was beyond excited when I decided to check my email while waiting for food at Whataburger. I sincerely appreciate the gesture, and will post pics of the knife as soon as I get it. I've always been interested in this little knife, and it's nuts how I finally get to try one. Thank you for everything, and congrats on reaching 3 grand :thumbup:

You're very welcome, my new friend! It''ll post today (USPS Priority), so you'll have it by Mon or Tue. Can't wait to see your pics!

Have a great weekend.

Derek...

LOL What awesome news! Couldn't have gone to a nicer guy (well, unless it came to me!). Congrats, man! :thumbup:

LOL What awesome news! Couldn't have gone to a nicer guy (well, unless it came to me!). Congrats, man! :thumbup:

Haha I saw your name at the top of this page and was hoping you would chime in eventually, brother. Muchisimas gracias!

Well I'm happy to announce that my G-10 Dragonfly showed up in the mail yesterday. I'm probably gonna be in the honeymoon stage for a while (so pardon my enthusiasm), but man, what a little BIG knife this is! Great blade shape, really snappy action, and just the right amount of jimping make this a winner for me. But what really took me by surprise is how well it actually fits in my hand. The boys at Spyderco really know how to make the most out of a small package! But enough rambling, here are the pics I promised!

It doesn't have a clip but that's not a problem. Threw it in my change pocket in my jeans:

Hanging with a Jaeger:

Great ergos for such a small piece:

I used the Dragonfly to open another package that came yesterday, but that's a story for another thread :D

And finally, a shot of this little guy on my work desk today. Thank you, Derek, for running an awesome GAW and for giving me a chance to use and appreciate this Spyderco!

Last edited:
You're welcome, buddy! Thanks for the great pics. And btw, if you call Spyderco, they'd probably send you a clip (but it doesn't really need it since it is so small).

Enjoy, and we'll see ya' on the Forum!

Derek...

P.S. 4,000 here I come... hehehe!

Last edited:
Back