Contest!

JK Knives

I’ve decided that it’s been far too long since I’ve had a contest here, so here goes!

The rules are simple:
One entry per person per week (3 entries allowed over the next almost 3 weeks)
Post a picture of your favorite JK Knife
Tell us what you use it for, and why it’s your favorite

I’ll let this contest run until Friday July 17th, then let my granddaughters pick the best post.

Here is the prize

The new Ultralite Bushcrafter

Specs:
About8 1/2" overall
About 4 1/4" blade
3/32" thick O1 steel
Scandivex grind
This one has mesquite handles and aluminum pins

dscn3462-jpg.1358096

My favorite JK has to be the Michigan Trail Knife. This was my first effort at knife design and the very first knife that John made for me. I met him at his home for the first time and watched the knife come to life (with time out for a burger and beer). I remember fondling this knife every minute of the four hour drive home!

IxGMtGR.jpg

Jeff

The mud turtle is my favorite. I like Kephart blade shapes and this one is a good length and the handle is generous and comfy. I use it for bushcraft/woodcraft, food prep, and fondling.

eDKdTvZl.jpg

lyJeTAal.jpg

8L3Q2wql.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite and daily used JK knife is this small 154CM Stainless and Osage wood handled champion pairing knife. I use for all food related chores, both small and large. Unfortunately, its name is escaping me, but it is my most used knife of any kind.

This photo was taken on the "stump" when it was shiny and new.

nu8dSuL.jpg

This one is with lots of use, but other than it needing a little oil on the Osage, still looks as good as new.

yTTUXWE.jpg

Thanks for the great knife, and for the chance John.

Final photo to show the blade length.
8haEWw7.jpg

My favorite and daily used JK knife is this small 154CM Stainless and Osage wood handled champion pairing knife. I use for all food related chores, both small and large. Unfortunately, its name is escaping me, but it is my most used knife of any kind.

This photo was taken on the "stump" when it was shiny and new.

nu8dSuL.jpg

This one is with lots of use, but other than it needing a little oil on the Osage, still looks as good as new.

yTTUXWE.jpg

Thanks for the great knife, and for the chance John.

Final photo to show the blade length.
8haEWw7.jpg
Potawatomi

I always come back to my first. It's still my true love EDC fixed blade. My Osage-over-Blue Bluegill has been around for a bit over 3 years now, and it's gotten a bunch of use and love in that time.

20190315-140358-2.jpg

That's a beautiful knife that you are very generously gifting, John. Thank you for the opportunity.

IMG_0282.JPG

The first one on the left, it is a hunter that I find the perfect size to hold and perfect for cutting up boxes and cutting nylon chords, I like to because it fits the hand well and is the right size for a lot of tasks, easy to carry, it is about a 4 inch blade. Thanks for the opportunity to win as well.

I always come back to my first. It's still my true love EDC fixed blade. My Osage-over-Blue Bluegill has been around for a bit over 3 years now, and it's gotten a bunch of use and love in that time.

20190315-140358-2.jpg

That's a beautiful knife that you are very generously gifting, John. Thank you for the opportunity.
Now that is a pretty knife.

I think it would be fair to say that any tree fruit is game for squirrels. These rodents are cute and fun to watch until they get very destructive in your own backyard. Up until this year our apple tree had been unmolested by this furry, tailed terrorist. This afternoon, Alma and I caught him bitting into a juicy, delicious apple from our tree. After a quick shot with my bow, problem solved. I used my Bluegill to help skin and gut him.

ROpKjMM.jpg

Of the several I've owned this JK is my absolute favorite: great ergo's and perfect proportions are what make the JK EO1 Hunter great for hiking/camping/EDC. This one is with Oak scales and brass pins; a JK sheath and Diomedes dangler with firesteel loop.

EDIT: Because John doesn't ship to Canada, if I'm fortunate enough to be selected, please award the knife to @mykel m -- I wouldn't have the JK pictured without Mykel's kind (and unsolicited!) offer to ship it to Canada for me. Mykel has always been willing to send JK knives my way. Thank you, Mykel! And Thank you John for your generous giveaway!

image0 (31).jpeg

Last edited:
Not an entry, John - but thank you for the opportunity!

My most-used JK is the JK Paring Knife and Camp and Kitchen Knife - since I can use it in the kitchen and that is mostly what I have been doing; we still have to eat while we are still getting boxes unpacked after the move (it never ends...)
DSC_0969.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

DSC_0988.JPG

DSC_0991.JPG

DSC_1010.JPG

Added the completed BLT for Jeff -
DSC_1018.JPG

Besides that knife and my JK Chef's knife, the most used has been my Kephart, which I use for making kindling for the fireplace (which I no longer have) and the XD/XT, which is my woods knife, which I have not been doing since I moved down to TN - but will get back to eventually.

To be clear, I still have the Kephart - just not the fireplace.
0307001633.jpg

0307001454.jpg

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

Maggie still keeps her DBH at hand, so that could be considered a most used, but it is not a knife.
008.jpg

DSC_3818.JPG

Good luck to all the lucky owners of JK Knives!

best

mqqn

Last edited:
Back