• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Convenient Size Chef SOLD

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Some things that I have built into this kitchen knife:
A rounded spine for folks that like to choke up on the blade with the fore finger over the top.
The bulge in the middle of the handle fits nicely into the palm.
The area where the third and fourth finger rest had been sculpted flat for comfort and control.
And of course the blade has been properly heat treated (RC 58-60) so the knife will stay sharp.
I sharpen by hand so the edge is an apple seed shape which will keep that profile when resharpening with a stone or a steel. If a jig is used to sharpen with a precise angle the edge will need to be restablished.
I use 52100 high carbon steel which I believe just slices better than some other steels.
The handle is professionally stabilized making it dishwater safe--never in the dishwasher though.
Overall length on this knife is 10 1/2 inches with the blade at 5 3/4 inches

SOLD. delivered within the US. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail.com

IMG_8379 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8381 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8385 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8386 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8382 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8384 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back